PSP Slim. Should I get it?

trixz

bonheur
O.G.
Apr 13, 2007
I heard mixed reviews about it and I don't know if I should get it. Regarding watching movies on it, do you have to convert it into a particular format first? And, I heard that the volume isn't that great. Any feedback about it from anyone who has either/or both the PSP or PSP Slim would be great. Thanks a lot.

Don't have the PSP Slim, but got one for DF last year and he freakin loves it! Always watching tooooooooons of movies on it. Handy for the loooong airport waits! :tup:

I just bought the PSP slim daxter pack and an extra game. I did a lot of reading on it and it has great reviews all around. For the money I think it is well worth it especially if you buy that bonus pack. It comes with the Daxter game, Family Guy UMD, charger and 1G memory stick.

Let us know what you decide :smile:

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions.

Do you have to convert videos into a particular format in order to watch on it?

How do you find the volume?

And I heard the startup is pretty slow. Is it true?

Startup is kinda slow. I have had a PSP for 2 years this december and it's just OK, Loco Roco is really fun and I enjoy GTA and Burnout but besides that there isn't anything too amazing.

I will let you know as soon as I use it lol. I just bought it tonight and haven't set it up yet. I did read that some games take a little longer to load but considering it is a small portable unit you have to give up a few things. It will serve it's purpose for me...something to watch and play while waiting in the airport and when I am bored sitting somewhere.

Thanks for your reply. I have some questions.

Do you have to convert videos into a particular format in order to watch on it?

How do you find the volume?

And I heard the startup is pretty slow. Is it true?
I have the original PSP.

Yes you have to convert the videos into either mpeg4 or divx format for you to be able to watch on it. After conversion, the videos need to be stored under a specific directory on your memory stick. So far, my 4GB memory stick stores about 8 full-length movies in divx format.

The volume for mine is the +- bottoms on the bottom of the screen.

The start up can be slow. Try to download the latest system updates. You can connect your PSP wirelessly to the internet to download. Or you can download the system file on your computer and hook up your psp to computer.

I heard that Skpe is working with Sony to come up with a PSP internet phone, and this will be an interesting accessory!

I love our PSP..we watch movies while waiting for our food at a restaurant!
Oh and check emails when I'm out and around a Starbucks!
It's compatible with the PS3 also..not that we wanna play games on it instead of the TV- but you CAN..Love Sony!

I've heard that the reviews are kind of mixed for the PSP (I'm not a gamer, and I have an iPod Touch for movies and internet access), but IMO, the price is very reasonable for what you're getting if you can check your email, watch movies, and play games.

I have the original PSP.

Yes you have to convert the videos into either mpeg4 or divx format for you to be able to watch on it. After conversion, the videos need to be stored under a specific directory on your memory stick. So far, my 4GB memory stick stores about 8 full-length movies in divx format.

The volume for mine is the +- bottoms on the bottom of the screen.

The start up can be slow. Try to download the latest system updates. You can connect your PSP wirelessly to the internet to download. Or you can download the system file on your computer and hook up your psp to computer.

I heard that Skpe is working with Sony to come up with a PSP internet phone, and this will be an interesting accessory!
Thank you so much for answering my questions. I really need the information.

Wow, 8 full-length movies is awesome! OK, so we can use any software on our computer to convert the movie and transfer to PSP, right?

I read reviews that the volume isn't loud enough? Is it true?

If I get it, I will be using it to listen to music, watch movies and play games! I know the graphics is great, the only concern is the volume and the battery as I heard it runs out pretty fast.

I've heard that the reviews are kind of mixed for the PSP (I'm not a gamer, and I have an iPod Touch for movies and internet access), but IMO, the price is very reasonable for what you're getting if you can check your email, watch movies, and play games.
How do you like the ipod touch? I considered that but I thought PSP is a better all-rounder.

I love our PSP..we watch movies while waiting for our food at a restaurant!
Oh and check emails when I'm out and around a Starbucks!
It's compatible with the PS3 also..not that we wanna play games on it instead of the TV- but you CAN..Love Sony!
Thanks for the suggestions! I almost forgot about the e-mail function!