PSM reverse- canvas issue opinions please!

Loulou1234

Jan 22, 2016
I got this bag on June 11th and started using on June 15th and have not even used everyday. The canvas on the bottom is rubbing off and for almost 2k I don’t think that should happen, especially so soon. I wanted to get opinions because I did use it but I wasn’t rough on it. If Louis says it is my fault should I be okay with that or would anyone else push for a replacement? Thank you!

Attachments

• B0D73747-9CD5-4416-B4F6-35506271AF85.jpeg
    B0D73747-9CD5-4416-B4F6-35506271AF85.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 338
it looks like it was scratched. Do you place it on hard surfaces? because the bag does not have feet, placing it down on hard surfaces will cause wear on the canvas.
I know it is hard to swallow, but expensive bags are just as prone to scratches as are inexpensive bags.

it looks like it was scratched. Do you place it on hard surfaces? because the bag does not have feet, placing it down on hard surfaces will cause wear on the canvas.
I know it is hard to swallow, but expensive bags are just as prone to scratches as are inexpensive bags.
I do set it down on tables when I go out but nothing different than with my other LV canvas bags I have had for years. I would think a scratch would be more of a straight line if that make sense but not sure! Thanks for the input and I may just have to deal with it and still enjoy the bag :smile:

Update: client services is allowing me to return/exchange because I had the bag for only 12 days (used for 6). They first said it was from being on abrasive surface and I explained I do set it down but nothing abrasive ( desk at work). Then she did say with the reverse they do see this more because it is lighter canvas. By the time they told me yesterday they would return/exchange the bottom had gotten even worse and that was again from a couple of days of me going to work at an office and coming straight home. In the end it worked out but I am not getting the PSM again as I want to be able to set my bag on a desk or table!

Reactions: Kailua
Update: client services is allowing me to return/exchange because I had the bag for only 12 days (used for 6). They first said it was from being on abrasive surface and I explained I do set it down but nothing abrasive ( desk at work). Then she did say with the reverse they do see this more because it is lighter canvas. By the time they told me yesterday they would return/exchange the bottom had gotten even worse and that was again from a couple of days of me going to work at an office and coming straight home. In the end it worked out but I am not getting the PSM again as I want to be able to set my bag on a desk or table!
what a bummer :sad: this is exactly why im getting rid of mines now

Reactions: Loulou1234
I’m sorry to hear that you’re parting with the bag but glad LV took care of it.

I get scratches on electronics (not just the glass, the sturdier backing too) when I set it on my side table which is polished and varnished wood (and therefore very smooth). Within 24 hours I saw a nice thin line across my new Fire tablet. And I get mysterious scratches on my iPhone screen from time to time from the same table. Sometimes we just don’t really know what’s on the surface of an otherwise very smooth surface! And maybe this canvas is just a bit fragile due to the lighter colour. No idea. But glad it worked out.

That's weird, I have never heard of this with any of the sizes, reverse or mono. It shouldn't matter if it's reverse or regular mono. It's not like it's color transfer. Mine reverse is perfect and I've had it since February 2018.

Anyway, I'm glad they are taking care of you.

Last edited:
Very glad they are taking care of it but very strange! I have multiple Louis canvas bags that have not had any canvas issues and used for years! I did think it was interesting how she said “ we see it more with the reverse because it is lighter” so apparently I’m not the first. Now the wait to get the new bag I picked with the exchange process.