PSA - teens txting while driving **graphic**

It is.

When I was studying in England, just before Guy Fawkes day, fireworks safety posters went up. It wasn't "Please be careful around fireworks" it was more "This is what can happen."

At various train stations, the posters didn't say, "Please be careful around the train tracks" they said, "This is what can happen."

They both included photographs of injuries.

Public service announcements like those are very attention-grabbing and thought-provoking.

good. right to the point... graphic yes but its realistic! something this serious shouldn't be sugar coated! ppl need to realise that this really can happen. :sad:

another reason I hate being in a car... because of such morons... just scary

I have a car-phobia too, but I think the thing to remember is that it's not just teeangers who do this and cause similar accidents. In my daily 45 minute commute, I see roughly 75% of the adults around me texting and flipping through e-mails and whatnot. I myself have been rear-ended 6 times from this sort of incident while on my way to work. I think everyone needs to be careful and more aware of endangering others with these sorts of decisions. I am just glad that it was a minor fender bender and not a big accident like the one re-enacted. I literally get car-sick being in traffic now when I see people being unsafe.

Wow, I had no idea how traumatic that video would actually turn out to be. It's something painful to watch, but something that everyone should see. The number of views has climbed quite steadily since yesterday too, it seems. Maybe it will become the next youtube phenomenon, but with a very valuable message.

To those of you who haven't seen it, it includes blood and graphic dramatization of a deadly car crash. I would not recommend that those who are faint of the heart watch it.

this is like a lighter version of the "red asphalt" series they showed in driver's ed in the 70s, 80s and 90s. i don't know if they still do, i took driver's ed 15 years go. but those were made up of real footage and photographs of accident aftermaths.

this, in a way, is scarier because even though it's staged, you get to see these girls go through the accident and their fear in the aftermath.

people need to realize that driving isn't just something you thoughtlessly do on a daily basis, it is VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS.

i can't believe some of the things i see people doing in their cars, even on the freeways. and in CA, freeways are massive and extremely dangerous.

this is like a lighter version of the "red asphalt" series they showed in driver's ed in the 70s, 80s and 90s. i don't know if they still do, i took driver's ed 15 years go. but those were made up of real footage and photographs of accident aftermaths.

this, in a way, is scarier because even though it's staged, you get to see these girls go through the accident and their fear in the aftermath.

people need to realize that driving isn't just something you thoughtlessly do on a daily basis, it is VERY SERIOUS BUSINESS.

i can't believe some of the things i see people doing in their cars, even on the freeways. and in CA, freeways are massive and extremely dangerous.

Absolutely!!! As one of the other posters mentions,I see people ALL the time texting,on the phone or with it in their hands and not concentrating,I have had to swerve or sound my horn a few times....and then get flicked the V sign!!!!Its so irresponsible,its not just their own lives they can put at risk as the aftermath of the video shows,all the other people invloved and injured,not to mention all the resources used to attend the accident.....all because of a text message.
I have always,always followed the rule,if I hear my phone go off while I'm driving,it can wait,I never answer it or even look at who called,its just not worth it.

I saw this on the news the other day and it was very upsetting. My dd has just started driving and I am constantly reminding her that she better not be touching the cell phone when she is behind the wheel. Seeing this video just makes me even more nervous because having friends in the car can just make it so easy to "forget" what I've been preaching about.