PSA - teens txting while driving **graphic**

I hate this kind of stuff. Why oh why would they isolate txting while driving, as opposed to the many, many, MANY other things that drivers can do to distract themselves and get into horrible accidents? Let's see...txting while driving, eating while driving, falling asleep while driving, driving under the influence, putting on makeup while driving, arguing while driving, dialing a telephone number while driving, trying to have sex while driving, fiddling with the radio while driving, etc. People do all of this stuff and more every day while driving, but where's the PSA for all that? This kind of nonsense preys on people's sensitivity, only focusing on one supposedly deadly behavior, while ignoring dozens of others. So now you'll have people all, "OMG, don't text while driving, remember that commercial on YouTube!"

Please.

Teach people--teens, in particular--that they need to observe safety rules, period, while driving, and don't isolate certain types of behavior or make certain things seem more dangerous than other things. That gets across the wrong message, in my opinion.

Next.

Last edited:
I remember when I first started driving, I was all about being safe, no phone or anything. Then I got comfortable, and I admit I am guilty of texting while driving. Even though I never gotten into an accident, or even gotten close to being in one, seeing this was a reminder of how dangerous doing anything that diverts your attention from the road can be.

Caxe- I agree with you. People are placing so much emphasis on this, but what about all the other things people do while driving, that could have equally devastating consequences.

When will people come to their senses and enforce some sort of cell phone jamming devices in cars that will put an end to this? DVD entertainment systems in cars will not operate up front when the car is in motion.

but there are ways for people to get around it. i've read about many people who have reworked the wires (or something) so that they were able to bypass that security function.

and like someone else mentioned - there are so many other things that get people in trouble while driving, why just single out this one? obviously because it's the most common lately but it sorta boils down to, if you shouldn't be allowed to do this while driving, then why should you be able to do anything at all? might as well tell all those smokers they can't smoke while driving then as well.