PSA QUIZ: Can you tell the Real Deal from the Look-a-Like?

Wow, Corey, Thanks for a great tutorial. I have never bought a bag on ebay, for that reason. So, I pay full retail...At least until I find a secure seller that has a good reputation.
The fakes are getting better and there is a website that has many ladies showing off their fakes. I stumbled upon it when someone posted a super fake on here and someone told them it was a fake, but I studied it and could hardly tell the diff except for the bales and it was black. Someone mentioned it was a fake TBF I wanted to see what TBF meant, and it's a guy who makes fakes. They talk about how long each bag takes to make and how they protect his identity.
What really BUGS me is there are a couple of people on that forum who regularly post on our forum. They are stupid enough to use their same names as they use on here!
I guess they spy here to get their super fakes made up in fashionable colors.

I almost stopped carrying Balenciaga, because I spend sooo much on real and they are bragging about their fakes and maybe the average person wouldn't know the difference!:cursing:

That's a little disturbing.

wow thanks for sharing! i thought a was fake and then reconsidered my answer cause the leather looked more distressed. it's crazy how good fakes are getting these days!

Gosh, what a great post. That's just awful how people deliberately scam. I can deal with replicas that only sell for a small amount of money, but to try to pass it off a real... poor buyer. :cursing:

Its sad as it makes selling a real bag on Ebay that much harder as people are so nervous about it all.

I had a relatively easy time telling with the two side by side like that -- in the first pic I thought the hw looked too bright and the studs too rounded. Then the bales pic sealed the deal. However, I'm sure if I just saw the bag on its own, without the real one right next to it for comparison, I'd really struggle.

good job you caught it as well! imagine if you hadn't, it would have compromised the integrity of your business and everything! i HATE FAKES i hate seeing people proudly carrying around obvious fakes of my beloved bags and that TBF thing disturbes me greatly!

^ One of the reasons I started a Balenciaga resale shop was b/c I have the years of experience and knowledge to authenticate these bags and can't stand to hear about people getting ripped off buying fakes.

The deal was sealed when I (and other forum members) received fakes from Bluefly back in May '06; I was disgusted with their response of relisting the returned bags for other unsuspecting buyers an had to take action to make shopping online safe for Balenciaga lovers. The only way to be 100% sure of authenticity is through a thorough physical examination of the bag, especially in this age of stolen pictures, bait-and-switch and other online scams. That stuff makes me so angry, I had to act.