PSA: Avoid Reebonz for Dior

quackedup

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
I just received a Dior from Reebonz (new Reebonz owned stock, not consignment) :mad:

All the Diors i bought in the past only say Made in Italy.
Is this possible?

See attached photo (note the Reebonz security tag attached on top right of photo)
i am majorly peeved at them!!

Attachments

• IMG-20161205-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20161205-WA0011.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 2,399
Last edited:
As far as I know not all Dior bags are made in Italy, sometimes they are made in France depending on the bag - can someone else jump in and advise if this is the case or if I'm mistaken?

Are you upset that it might be fake or that it's simply not "made in Italy"? (I know some LV lovers prefer items made in a certain country). However, I do trust reebonz, been buying from them for awhile now. So I don't think you're getting duped, if that's what you're asking.

Are you upset that it might be fake or that it's simply not "made in Italy"? (I know some LV lovers prefer items made in a certain country). However, I do trust reebonz, been buying from them for awhile now. So I don't think you're getting duped, if that's what you're asking.

No, i was concerned it was not made in Italy as all Diors (since early 2000s / eLuxury days) i have are made in Italy. Also the 'lot/workshop' number on the tag is totally different to the traditional Dior format.
In the past if a Dior was marked made in France, it was almost certainly a counterfeit.

I have bought alot of Reebonz in the past but they werent very helpful with this. All they do is send canned replies about their stock being authentic but no other supporting facts other than them saying so.
Compounded with the fact that they will only accept if i get written confirmation from Dior on official letterhead that its real or not (typical fleabay way to get out of they paypal/authenticity game), which will not happen.

My concern is pronounced as they currently have a very obviously fake Fendi they authenticated and accepted for consignment (and have listed with a very expensive price for a fake) - so im starting to wonder about how well placed they are to source authentic goods from their "suppliers and resellers".

Just a guess... is there such thing as dior outlet? Like for eg coach, gucci, the quality of their outlet products are imo slightly inferior or maybe produced cheaper than their boutique pieces. Thus can be sold cheaper of course. I've bought from Reebonz before and always noticed the tag says "outlet"...
Just a thought.
Best is walk into a boutique and ask. They might offer more insight.

Just a guess... is there such thing as dior outlet? Like for eg coach, gucci, the quality of their outlet products are imo slightly inferior or maybe produced cheaper than their boutique pieces. Thus can be sold cheaper of course. I've bought from Reebonz before and always noticed the tag says "outlet"...
Just a thought.
Best is walk into a boutique and ask. They might offer more insight.

There is only one Dior outlet that we know of in Bicester Village in England.

No, i was concerned it was not made in Italy as all Diors (since early 2000s / eLuxury days) i have are made in Italy. Also the 'lot/workshop' number on the tag is totally different to the traditional Dior format.
In the past if a Dior was marked made in France, it was almost certainly a counterfeit.

I have bought alot of Reebonz in the past but they werent very helpful with this. All they do is send canned replies about their stock being authentic but no other supporting facts other than them saying so.
Compounded with the fact that they will only accept if i get written confirmation from Dior on official letterhead that its real or not (typical fleabay way to get out of they paypal/authenticity game), which will not happen.

My concern is pronounced as they currently have a very obviously fake Fendi they authenticated and accepted for consignment (and have listed with a very expensive price for a fake) - so im starting to wonder about how well placed they are to source authentic goods from their "suppliers and resellers".

I can understand why they would want correspondence from Dior on official letterhead to prove they're in the wrong for business purposes. If they were to claim it was a counterfeit item from whoever they received the bag from, who else would have the authority to determine the authenticity of the bag but the actual brand themselves?

Your best bet would then be to upload required photos of features of your new bag on the Authenticate This Dior thread for Authenticators to look over your bag. If it's deemed fake, then just return it. You should hopefully have been given a refund/exchange period from when you received the bag?

My Diorissimo is made in France and I bought it at Dior boutique.

There is at least another Dior outlet which is at Woodbury Common Premium outlet at New York

Just a guess... is there such thing as dior outlet? Like for eg coach, gucci, the quality of their outlet products are imo slightly inferior or maybe produced cheaper than their boutique pieces. Thus can be sold cheaper of course.

Dior does not produce "made for outlet" products. What's sent to those outlets are true overstock from past seasons or discontinued items.

I've always wondered how and where exactly Reebonz get their stocks from? Recently, I see them selling classics..yes classics at lower prices than the official retail prices. Not that much lower but still lower.

For peace of mind, I still rather buy from official stores rather than lose sleep wondering if my purchases were genuine

I've also just purchased a mini Diorissimo from Reebonz very recently and was also concerned about the authenticity of the bag because it's made in france. I've Google places like fashionphile and noted that they only carry made in Italy diorissimo bags. However, it's reassuring to know that the people on purseforum have purchased made in France diorissimo through the Dior boutiques. Plus, Singapore being very strict on counterfeit products would have clamp down on local companies misrepresenting themselves as soon as someone verifies that the product they are selling is a replica.