PS11 making squeking noises

canchan

Nov 7, 2008
My mini-sized PS11 is making squeaking noises that are driving me crazy! It seems to squeak every time I take a step!

I tried to research and someone said to use "wind grease" for clarinet's ?

Any other suggestions? I can't live with the purse the way it is!

Thanks Girls

Hi, I almost never post but when I read this and saw there wasn't a reply yet I wanted to provide my input on this. I had the exact same problem with my mini PS11! Unfortunately, I let it squeak for 5-6 wears and eventually the screw that was holding the strap to the bag just fell off! I really don't want to freak you out but I am almost positive that in my case the squeaking was related to the screw eventually giving way. My advice is to look closely at your bag and see if anything needs to be tightened before worrying about greasing it or something. It may be perfectly fine but I'm asking you to check based on what happened to me. Bright side is that my poor PS11 is being repaired but this might save you a bit of time and trouble if your problem ends up being similar to mine.

Last edited:
Can you take it back to the store you got it at? When that has happened to me before I usually take it in and they send it to proenza to fix it. Sometimes they charge depending on how long you have had it.

I think I slightly recall my PS11 squeaking and I thought it was from the strap where the clip hooks onto the hoop (where the bag attaches to). I hope it's just that and not a loose screw! Doesn't bother me too much cos it doesn't always happen. :smile:

I saw that this thread was revived so I wanted to provide an update on my particular situation. I hope the OP was able to sort out the squeaking on her bag.

So it took about 10 weeks to get my bag back from PS through Saks Fifth Avenue. Although the strap was repaired, it STILL squeaks! I couldn't believe it! :Pullhair: Maybe the squeaking and the strap falling were unrelated but I'm not taking any chances and I still recommend to everyone on this thread - keep an eye on your screws and rivets.

I hold my mini as a clutch now and only use the strap when I need free hands because I would hate to have the strap fall off again. I never had this issue with my full-size PS11, just the mini. It makes me sad because I really like the PS11 but I won't be buying anything from PS until they sort out their hardware issues. Maybe not even then.

Mine makes some squeaking noises, but not very often. I check the screws regularly just in case. So far so good...

Sorry to hear about everyone elses bad experiences; I love my PS11 bags.

I love my ps11 mini but after 5 wears it is now squeaking nonstop. Sounds like I should make sure the screws (hinge?) are tightened? Did anyone actually grease theirs? I bought from the PS store in NYC but don't live there so sending it back sounds like a pain!

Has anyone had luck in getting their ps11 mini to stop squeaking? Mine still squeaks with every step and it is embarrassing now! Makes me want to use it less :sad:.

Also, my strap has suddenly fallen off too a couple of times. Nothing is broken, it just somehow unclips itself.

I've never had either happen with any bag before. And this is the first time I've spent more than $100 on a bag for myself too. Sigh.

I didn't notice before but after reading about it here, I've started noticing this too when I take my PS11 out now. Not loud squeaking (I don't think others around me can hear it) but there's definitely some noise.