PS1 XL vs PS1 TOTE for PS Newbie

CarSol

Aug 23, 2010
Been stalking here for a while (I'm a Rebecca Minkoff girl who dabbles in Chloe) but I've always loved the PS1. I think I'm ready to get my first but with 3 small children I'm pretty sure I'd need the XL or the tote. I like the idea of the tote b/c it seems that I could possibly wear it (although a close fit) over the shoulder.

Can anyone offer insight into how much more stuff I could fit into one versus the other? Pros/cons of one over the other? As much as I love the PS1, I think what's held me back for so long is how often it gets copied by cheaper lables. The PS1 tote seems fresher and unique, but I'm open.

Thanks in advance!:smile:

Hi, I think the PS1 tote comes in two sizes and the larger could be better if you carry a lot. The XL has more reinforcements and is sturdy but it adds a little more empty weight compared to the smaller PS1 satchels, although the weight is similar to many other designer bags. The best would be to try them in a store though.

Hi, I think the PS1 tote comes in two sizes and the larger could be better if you carry a lot. The XL has more reinforcements and is sturdy but it adds a little more empty weight compared to the smaller PS1 satchels, although the weight is similar to many other designer bags. The best would be to try them in a store though.

That's the problem.....I don't live anywhere near a store that carries them. I've been scouring the web trying to find pix of people carrying both to compare side by side.

That's the problem.....I don't live anywhere near a store that carries them. I've been scouring the web trying to find pix of people carrying both to compare side by side.
I have some good pics of the 2 sizes side by side (but not being held). I don't own the bags so I can't do modeling comparisons. I can upload the pics after work!

Here are the pics I was sent. Again, these aren't my bags, but I thought they might be helpful to you!!

etuw6e.jpg

2lkpgd1.jpg

168ymuc.jpg

No problem. No rush, I still have to figure out where to buy it from once I figure out what to buy! :smile:
I just reread your original post and realized I read it wrong the first time!! :wacko: I didn't realize you wanted comparison pics of XL and the tote. I thought you wanted comparison shots of the two sizes in the tote/keepall. Sorry, I see now that my pics probably weren't helpful at all!!

I just reread your original post and realized I read it wrong the first time!! :wacko: I didn't realize you wanted comparison pics of XL and the tote. I thought you wanted comparison shots of the two sizes in the tote/keepall. Sorry, I see now that my pics probably weren't helpful at all!!

Awww, no they were still helpful because I'm not familiar with the size compairsons of any of the bags! It's all good info and I appreciate you even taking the time to try to help me!!:smile:

I actually had a play with both at HN, during their sales... can't dwell due to my grief, so will be objective!

They are both pretty spacious, and they both come with a longer strap which I was able to wear cross-body. I thought the tote was absolutely stunning, as beautiful as the Mulberry Roxy A4 IMO, and the top is wide with a magnetic snap (if I'm not mistaken) so seemed very practical. My heart went to XL though, I've come to realise that as much as I love totes and shoulder bags, the ones I really prefer wearing are the cross-body ones, and the XL is the most amazing messenger. I think XL is my HG and I can't believe I let it escape me at 40% off - OH NO!!!

Anyway, hope that helped! :smile: