PS1 - worth disputing?

ponydanc3r

Jun 30, 2008
Hi everyone, I have just bought a ps1 medium in black on ebay. the listing states that it's new without tags. I have just received the bag, and i feel that it is not new as stated. I have opened a dispute but the seller still claims that it is new and I could return the bag if i'm not comfortable with a 20% re-stocking fee. I am not willing to pay the re-stocking fee as I feel that the description in the listing is not accurate and I should not be bearing any of the re-stocking fee.

Have posted some photos below. Would need opinions on the new-ness of the bag. I do not want to state the areas which gives me the feeling that the bag is not new as would appreciate your feedback based on first impression.

One more point, it is also missing the proenza schouler tag

Thanks much :smile:

Hi everyone, I have just bought a ps1 medium in black on ebay. the listing states that it's new without tags. I have just received the bag, and i feel that it is not new as stated. I have opened a dispute but the seller still claims that it is new and I could return the bag if i'm not comfortable with a 20% re-stocking fee. I am not willing to pay the re-stocking fee as I feel that the description in the listing is not accurate and I should not be bearing any of the re-stocking fee.

Have posted some photos below. Would need opinions on the new-ness of the bag. I do not want to state the areas which gives me the feeling that the bag is not new as would appreciate your feedback based on first impression.

Well, obviously that bag is not remotely new. Since you tried to work it out with your seller and they're insisting on a 20% restocking fee I'd go ahead and open a case.

In the listing, she doesn't show the worn parts on the hardware. You can see a little wear on the leather loop on the sides for the strap attachment. The listing is very deceptive. The bag is in much worse condition than shown in the listing, and definitely not in new condition.

This bag shows wear; whether from use or a showroom sample. Definitely open case and fight for a full refund - no restocking fee should be involved since you aren't changing your mind about the bag - the bag is not described accurately.

I wonder if the seller has a side business of collecting restocking fees on bags that are not as described?

Good luck!

It does not look remotely new and there is some fairly Heavy wear on the sides/corners. It also looks much glossier in some of the Sellers Pictures which makes me Believe she used a filter of some sorts. Open a dispute. No, you should NOT have to pay 20% restocking fee IMO. Bad seller.

She states in perfect condition, she needs glasses or Another examination of a bad state of mind since she obviously has one.

Open a dispute with Ebay for not as described. That "restocking fee" is a huge bunch of BS. You deserve a full refund, and hopefully Ebay will even supply you with a return label as well.

The seller has 14 day hassle free return policy and generally, because her listing does state a 20% restocking fee, that would apply should you have remorse.

But in the case of SNAD, you are NOT responsible for a restocking fee OR return shipping!!

Your seller needs to familiarize herself with the policy to which she agreed.

Here's the link to the policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/buy/hasslefreereturns/

And in the Q&A, here's the appropriate part:

• Who pays for return shipping?
    It depends on the reason for the return and the seller's return policy. If the item is not as described, then the seller will pay for return shipping. In most other cases, you will pay for return shipping and any restocking fees if specified in the seller's return policy. If you're responsible for return shipping charges, we'll charge your PayPal account if the item is shipped with an eBay label. For more details, including approximate shipping costs, click here.
I take the above to mean that with SNAD, you aren't required to pay the restocking fee nor the return shipping costs.

Those return labels come out of the high fees Ebay charges. I have to raise my prices to compensate. If you don't feel the OP should have to pay return shipping then perhaps you can send her the label. I am tired of subsidizing. Ebay is a place to shop for bargains and there is a certain amount of risk involved. Personally I don't mind saving hundreds to thousands of $$$ if it means that I have to spend an occasional $20 to return something, which is what I am having to do today.

Those return labels come out of the high fees Ebay charges. I have to raise my prices to compensate. If you don't feel the OP should have to pay return shipping then perhaps you can send her the label. I am tired of subsidizing. Ebay is a place to shop for bargains and there is a certain amount of risk involved. Personally I don't mind saving hundreds to thousands of $$$ if it means that I have to spend an occasional $20 to return something, which is what I am having to do today.
Are you referring to my post?

I'm not advocating ebay paying for the return shipping. I do NOT like when ebay makes that "generous" offer.

I'm simply pointing to the hassle free return policy which the seller participates in. With that policy, the seller's own account pays for the shipping label for a SNAD return. For other returns, the sellers terms apply.