PS1 Pochette Help Please - Neon Lime Python vs. Citron Leather

gchandler5

O.G.
Jun 22, 2008
I want to purchase a PS1 pochette and love the citron leather version, but then this one came about on NAP and it is nice too, very different shade of yellow, and of course the price! Which would be a better choice as far as wearability???

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/181291 (neon lime python)

http://www.barneys.com/PS1-Pochette-Leather/00505014722752,default,pd.html?q=citron (citron leather)

I really appreciate your opinions!

If money weren't an object, I'd get the snakeskin in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!! The color, the leather, the hardware everything about is TDF! Simply gorgeous!!!!!!! But alas for a difference of $900 I might rethink it as that would be enough for another PS1 pochette or a another bag even..........

As far as wearability is concerned, both colors can give any outfit that wow factor. Good luck deciding!

If money weren't an object, I'd get the snakeskin in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!! The color, the leather, the hardware everything about is TDF! Simply gorgeous!!!!!!! But alas for a difference of $900 I might rethink it as that would be enough for another PS1 pochette or a another bag even..........

As far as wearability is concerned, both colors can give any outfit that wow factor. Good luck deciding!

Thank you blu_77! Yep, that whole "if money weren't an object" thing is the pesky part :smile: And, of course, that is the one I am drawn too!

I'm such a sucker for anything python that I'm also in the "if only money was no object" camp. But on a practical pros/cons side, I always wonder how the delicate python would work on a clutch... I'd be scared of ruining it or staining it with palm sweat or something!

Looking at the pictures, my other consideration is that the python texture doesn't seem to show up too well against the colour? Might look different IRL, but just from the NAP pictures, the python is actually kind of hard to see...

I saw the neon lime today and was totally not interested in it... It's bright, but not in a pleasant way to me. But then again, I'm not really into neon colours unless it is truly stunning.

it's funny that you post this question as i actually came here too see better pics od both colors, because i am also undecided between both clutches.

as much as i love the python i think i am going to go with the regular leather. when money was NO subject at all i might get it. i'd still feel bad because i just cannot justify spending that much more money on a bright yellow bag, that i, when i am completely honest to myself, won't be wearing every day anyway. it is not a classic color so i just cannot justify it. and who knows, maybe next summer brights are totally out of fashion and you won't be wearing it anymore.

if money is no subject at all, i'd say get the python. if 1k more or less does make a difference in your wallet go with the regular one. :smile:

I would also like to add that when wearability would be important, i would go with the citron. i think the python is more delicate so i would hesitate to wear it as often as the regular leather.

please keep us updated which bag you chose