PS1 Exclusive Wallet -- Need Some Addtl' Info

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
I've read about the PS1 wallet here on tPF and finally saw them last night on the PS website. I found an older thread from when these were first released (http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags...today-lux-wallets-and-accessories-533926.html), but I have some questions that weren't addressed within that thread

First of all, are they using different leather now for the wallets than they were when these were first released? The leather that's shown on the PS website looks so different from the leather on the pics that were posted last year by some members. The leather looks more "washed" now - more like the actual PS1 bags, whereas the leather on the ones pictured looks heavier and more of a solid color (they'd didn't look anything like the leather that the bags are made from)

I was also wondering about the size and what it can hold -- I see that it doesn't have any cc slots (strange that it's called a "wallet" but has no cc slots :confused1:) I know I could buy a card case and/or coin purse to place inside (I know that currency will fit), but I was considering using this more like an accessory case. How much can it hold? Does anyone actually use it in place of wallet and how have you made it work?

The thing I love most about the PS1 is the leather and gorgeous colors - If I could fill my "need" for one right now with one of these wallets, I'm seriously thinking about getting one (my bag purchase is still at least 1-2 mos away!)

Anything that anyone can offer would be much appreciated (including pics!!)

here are a couple of pics -

this one was posted by Gotham last year

IMG_0992.jpg

don't those look different from the ones shown on the PS website now?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ps1wallet1.JPG
    ps1wallet1.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 4,557
  • ps1wallet2.JPG
    ps1wallet2.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 3,853
  • ps1wallet3.JPG
    ps1wallet3.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 3,861
I was actually thinking about using is as an accessory pouch - I just got a Lanvin Happy bag and my accessory pouch is a little too big for that bag (I can fit it inside with my wallet, but not much of anything else!). I thought that maybe the PS1 wallet would be good to use inside this bag (and anything else that's smaller).

I just wonder how much like the bags the wallets are -- I think I'd only want it if it were made from the same kind of leather. Are they?

It's not a great wallet but like the other thread, the cuteness outweighs practicality. I do use mine as a wallet however and just let my cards mix with my cash and coins. I store my frequently used cards in the back pocket.

In regards to what it holds, it can certainly hold a Blackberry. I'm using a Bold 9000 at the minute and that fits in there so the newer models will be just fine. To be honest, this bag I'd use as a clutch as well for dinner or drinks with friends. It's compact but will fit all the essentials you'd need for a night out. Hope this helps!

It's not a great wallet but like the other thread, the cuteness outweighs practicality. I do use mine as a wallet however and just let my cards mix with my cash and coins. I store my frequently used cards in the back pocket.

In regards to what it holds, it can certainly hold a Blackberry. I'm using a Bold 9000 at the minute and that fits in there so the newer models will be just fine. To be honest, this bag I'd use as a clutch as well for dinner or drinks with friends. It's compact but will fit all the essentials you'd need for a night out. Hope this helps!
Thanks Kenzo:biggrin:

thank you for the info Ken -- it's VERY helpful!
what about the leather tho? is it made from the same type of leather that the bags are made from? to be honest, that's the biggest draw for me -- if it's the same leather, I'm ordering one!

thank you for the info Ken -- it's VERY helpful!
what about the leather tho? is it made from the same type of leather that the bags are made from? to be honest, that's the biggest draw for me -- if it's the same leather, I'm ordering one!

Yes, the PS1 wallets are made from the same leather as the bags are, or at least my one in Storm is so presume all the newer colours are - Black, Khaki, Smoke etc.

Do you know if the bags and wallets are made in Italy?
Thx

All of my bags and wallets say Made in Italy. :yes:

Hope this helps guys!

thanks again Ken!!
Now I have to decide on which color to get!
Of course, the Smoke is sold out (wonder how long it'll be before they restock?), and they don't have the Purple. I'm trying to decide between Ink and Military. The Ink looks so light on the wallet page (the PS1 bag looks more like a darker blue)

Ok, So Khaki is different from Smoke? I think I am getting a Khaki bag from Barneys if they don't cancel my order again. Is it pretty?
Thx

Smoke is more of a taupe/dark grey colour. I thought Khaki was the same as Military, no? I thought it was just because different retailers started calling it different names, like Barneys online call it 'Dark Green' but Proenza Schouler call the same colour Military on their website.

I really like the Military colour though and it's very in trend right now!

EDIT: I've just gone onto Barney's and seen they've described smoke as Khaki. But the PS1 they have online is actually Smoke and not Khaki. I wouldn't describe it as Khaki, if you'd like a better pic of the colour, visit the other PS1 thread for a more realistic shot of the colour.

thanks again Ken!!
Now I have to decide on which color to get!
Of course, the Smoke is sold out (wonder how long it'll be before they restock?), and they don't have the Purple. I'm trying to decide between Ink and Military. The Ink looks so light on the wallet page (the PS1 bag looks more like a darker blue)

By Ink, do you mean Midnight? I have the Midnight (Sorry, I swear it was called Storm before!) I will take some photos for you later to show what it holds and the true colour if that helps?

Last edited: