PS1 Chain Wallet vs Chanel WOC

arguspeace

O.G.
Sep 11, 2010
Has anyone compared these two in person? I know there is a huge price difference ($1,000+ USD) but their dimensions are similar. I need a break from carrying large bags and find that just a few cards, phone, and keys (plus lip balm) enables me to do errands nicely. Quality, functionality, and resale value are important to me. I like numerous colors offered in both and the colors are readily available. Any comments? TIA :smile:

arguspeace said:
Has anyone compared these two in person? I know there is a huge price difference ($1,000+ USD) but their dimensions are similar. I need a break from carrying large bags and find that just a few cards, phone, and keys (plus lip balm) enables me to do errands nicely. Quality, functionality, and resale value are important to me. I like numerous colors offered in both and the colors are readily available. Any comments? TIA :smile:

I have a Chanel WOC and it has lasted me for the last 3 years. The quality is excellent and Chanel's resale value is perfect. I have it in Sevruga leather in black. I use it all the time and there's no scratches on it at all. It was $995 when I bought it and now I think it retails for $1500.

Proenza is trendy and with all their issues it is hit or miss. I do have a PS1 which has had no problems. If you can splurge for a Chanel, you can be sure it will never go out of style. Also even as it has a high resale value, I know I would never get rid of mine. It is perfect casual or dress up!

HTH!

I hear ya...Chanel it is. Thank you both for your input. While I was researching WOCs I looked at the list of premier and contemporary designers on tpf and was wondering how they determine what is premier? By price? Does anyone know?

I have been wondering about the same thing. I'm totally in love with my Proenza Schouler PS1 and rather bored with my Chanel classic flap so I just wonder if the Chanel chain wallet would feel as ...erhm.. 'too madame' as I'm feeling about the classic flap. Any other pro's than the resale price for Chanel? Which one is more roomy?

I agree with you arguspeace... and I actually bought it today :biggrin: I love this one!

ps-chain-wallet5.jpg

I too am wondering about this. I should have snagged the sevruga when it was $995! I really like the PS1, but I'm wondering if I should just get the Chanel instead. I already have two Chanel bags though..