PS1 Bag Weight Issue

omgpop

Aug 27, 2010
Paranoid about weight issue for PS1 bag...

I've posted here before about purchasing a PS1 large moss a while ago. Since then, I've had my PS1 for about a month now, but i've only used it twice... I usually carry it on my shoulder, using the long shoulder strap. I usually carry with me a wallet, ipod, 350ML water bottle, umbrella, hard paper back novel and maybe a pencil case and an A4 plastic folder w/ notes. I am so worried about the metal "clips"at the ends of the strap breaking. Because i noticed there is a "screw" like stucture that will dislodge if you twist it and overtime it'll "unscrew" itself. I've had a few balenciagsa before and the structure of their strap metal ends seem more duable, like there is no "screw -like" structure.

gahhh, i am just worried and i've spent so much money on this, i don't want to wreck it.
Any thoughts?

It should be no problems at all, the strap/hardware are the same on all sizes and I have carried my xl on travels filled to the brim. Laptop, cables, 2 agendas, wallet, water bottle, files, toiletry kit, etc. It was really heavy but the strap was no problems, it was me that was exhausted from carrying it..

Here is what I carry in my medium. It weighs about 8lbs. This should put your mind at ease :biggrin:

4855270064_bc0e099aca_b.jpg

Thank goodness for this thread.

I had a similar situation but my clip of my strap releases, only when my bag is filled with a small make-up pouch, a notebook, wallet and sometimes a small water bottle. My handbag has fallen to the floor a few times since it happens so randomly when I'm walking. I also noticed that one of the metal straps is inside out, not sure if that makes sense.. but I have no idea how that happened!

Now, I can't carry as much items as I used to because I'm so afraid of that happening again. I only carry a smaller make-up pouch and an extra small notebook.

I've been thinking about purchasing a suede medium PS1 since I think it's the leather that's stretching with all the heaviness.

i can also vouch that the bag holds up to the heavy things i put inside it.
sometimes i shove it with shoes, i pad, 2 wallets, make up pouch all my keys etc and the strap is totally fine with it... as mentioned before the only one suffering from the weight is you ( or me in this case)
:smile: