PS Keep All or Bal city/part time

CPrincessUK

Caribbean Princess
O.G.
Jul 7, 2011
Hello everyone. I have never posted in this forum as I am usually a Mulberry girl but this year I wanted to branch out with my collection.
I like big bags but not too big and while I would prefer to have a more slouchy bag compared to a Bayswater I don't want a bag that will not hold its shape at all as that would probably annoy me.
I also want a bag that I could use casually as well as for work and I prefer shoulder bags to satchels.
Not too much bling either. I am looking for something in a red or pink :smile:
So can you help? I would appreciate any advice. I shall also post on the PS forum to avoid bias. hehe.
Which do you think would be better for me PS Keep All or Bal city/part time?
Thank you!

Dude. Do you even have to ask? Balenciaga Part Time, all the way!

The Keep All's handles are little bit too long making it not easily weable by the handles on the crook of your arm. The PT can do it all.

Thanks Reresaurus! I worry about the East west shape of the part time and how roomy it is. Also I cant decide between giant or regular hardware! Would giant hardware make the bag too heavy? Even though I happily tote around my Bays. Too many decisions!

Anyone else?

well then

it depends on your personal style and i'd also say your height

if you're tall, the Keep All could be used for both daily bag and travel weekender.

meanwhile, the Part Time is really more of city bag to me. as in, a bag you carry around the city, with your daily stuff. you can use it as a carry-on, but it will fail at being useful as a Weekender (unless your wardrobe consists of light dresses and ballerina flats, with the occasional light, thin cashmere knit thrown in)

on the other hand, Balenciaga leather seems to be more sturdy than the Proenza Schouler leather (it boggles my mind really, but as long as my bags are able to withstand my abuse, i'll take what i can get)

Hi. the city is really easy to use, can be carried 3 ways and even with GH isn't too heavy to carry all day. Go for the Bal, I'm like you satchel styles are so awkward to get in and out of, too much hassle. Bal is easy and stylish.

Hi CPrincessUK. I am not an expert on this but had been in a similar situation as you. I have both Mulberry (3 bays/ 3 roxys- in oak, choc, black) and Bal bags. Bals (even with the GH) are way way lighter than bays. I was a mulberry girl before I branched out to Bals and never regretted it. As for choosing between PS Keep All and Bal, I would go for Bal. PS keep all and bays are almost similar in style, although PS KA is lighter. So Bal all the way between these 2. Bals for me, are more slouchy, more edgy. Also, since you like big bags, maybe you could try the work style?

(Mind you, if it were a satchel type PS (PS1) we are talking about, then I would go for PS1.)

Hello everyone. I have never posted in this forum as I am usually a Mulberry girl but this year I wanted to branch out with my collection.
I like big bags but not too big and while I would prefer to have a more slouchy bag compared to a Bayswater I don't want a bag that will not hold its shape at all as that would probably annoy me.
I also want a bag that I could use casually as well as for work and I prefer shoulder bags to satchels.
Not too much bling either. I am looking for something in a red or pink :smile:
So can you help? I would appreciate any advice. I shall also post on the PS forum to avoid bias. hehe.
Which do you think would be better for me PS Keep All or Bal city/part time?
Thank you!

Thanks Reresaurus! I worry about the East west shape of the part time and how roomy it is. Also I cant decide between giant or regular hardware! Would giant hardware make the bag too heavy? Even though I happily tote around my Bays. Too many decisions!

Anyone else?

I don't think the PT is anymore East/West than the Keep All. Maybe ever so slightly but nothing to worry about, they are similar in size.

If you can do the Bay, then you can do a Giant HW PT. I'm a wimp, so I stay away from the Giant HW even though I love the look of the GH bags. The REAL GH bags - not that crap they just released, the mini giant hw.

Thanks everyone. I decided to order the Keep Alls in red and in orchid as I could get two bags for the price of one Bal oart time with giant hardware (which I am still not too sure of, I wish they would make the regular software without tassels and NOT charge the mini giant software price). Anyways I will get a Bal eventually though I think!

I don't think the PT is anymore East/West than the Keep All. Maybe ever so slightly but nothing to worry about, they are similar in size.

If you can do the Bay, then you can do a Giant HW PT. I'm a wimp, so I stay away from the Giant HW even though I love the look of the GH bags. The REAL GH bags - not that crap they just released, the mini giant hw.

:lol::lol:

Thanks everyone. I decided to order the Keep Alls in red and in orchid as I could get two bags for the price of one Bal oart time with giant hardware (which I am still not too sure of, I wish they would make the regular software without tassels and NOT charge the mini giant software price). Anyways I will get a Bal eventually though I think!

I think you made a good choice. The PT does not hold it's shape with regular use. The City maintains it's structure better due to being more square, but all bbags will slouch with use due to the thinner leather (as compared to other brands). The larger the bag the saggier they get!

Thanks Roey. I love how Bbags look on other people but over time the slouchiness would get to me. Still haven't given up on Bal though but I definitely need to try them on before purchasing for the price point.