PS Dept

I almost never buy anything final sale. Generally if I'm going to use a locate service such as this, I haven't been able to try it on in person and I consider it way too risky. I wouldn't mind paying some kind of finders fee if it's something I really want, but it seems they could put a cap on it.

I have used PS Dept to purchase three things of which I kept two and returned one. I bought a pair of all white Birkentock, a Mansur Gavriel mini bucket bag and a Celine Phantom. I returned the Celine Phantom though... The shipping was free and return was free and I feel it was a pretty easy shopping experience if you are too lazy or don't have time to shop. Hope this helps~ :smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414764190.431055.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1414764229.108073.jpg

Anyone having issues with PS dept? I pre-ordered a bag but I cancelled it on November 28th. I am back and forth with them regarding my refund. It's been 2 weeks and I have not received my refund. My last convo was it was already routed to my bank account but that was 5 days ago. I know it's the holidays but I was just wondering.

Anyone having issues with PS dept? I pre-ordered a bag but I cancelled it on November 28th. I am back and forth with them regarding my refund. It's been 2 weeks and I have not received my refund. My last convo was it was already routed to my bank account but that was 5 days ago. I know it's the holidays but I was just wondering.

I had to get a refund from them once and it took for.ev.er. They kept saying it would be done soon or was in process. I think it finally took three weeks to receive, but that was the last time I used them. It was too much of a hassle.

I had to get a refund from them once and it took for.ev.er. They kept saying it would be done soon or was in process. I think it finally took three weeks to receive, but that was the last time I used them. It was too much of a hassle.
Good to know I am not the only one. Whew! I guess I have one more week. Yes I agree this is too much of a hassle. I feel you on that! Thanks!!

I've had them follow up with me within the last week or so on items I requested prior to the NAP VIP sale. It seems if they can't locate something they don't contact you until they do. But I've found their follow through to be great.

As for refunds, I wonder if they have to wait to hear from the retailer before issuing refunds. I think that since their service offers access to HTF items, it's worth a little wait for the money back – within reason of course.

I've had them follow up with me within the last week or so on items I requested prior to the NAP VIP sale. It seems if they can't locate something they don't contact you until they do. But I've found their follow through to be great.

As for refunds, I wonder if they have to wait to hear from the retailer before issuing refunds. I think that since their service offers access to HTF items, it's worth a little wait for the money back – within reason of course.

Yes, they have to wait for the retailer to refund them (must post to their account) before they refund us. Takes two weeks or so

They are very hit-or-miss with responding to my questions. For example, with my most recent order, I requested several times for the order to be cancelled (before it was shipped, for the Barneys pre-sale). I contacted my SA several times and emailed the site. I did not receive any response and my order was not cancelled. So I got stuck with thousands of dollars being reserved on my credit card for weeks now. Out of four emails I have sent them, 0 have been answered. When I requested a tracking number for my order, I had to ask another SA to help out since I wasn't hearing back from my current SA.

I know that they are a relatively new company and are busy right now, but that is no excuse for not following up with customer inquiries, especially customers who have already placed orders. As I said in a previous post, I have worked with several startups and e-commerce sites since the late 90s. No matter how busy or how small the administrative staff, you have to make the time to respond to all messages. Customer service is of paramount importance. Not responding is showing a lack of respect to paying clientele.

They are very hit-or-miss with responding to my questions. For example, with my most recent order, I requested several times for the order to be cancelled (before it was shipped, for the Barneys pre-sale). I contacted my SA several times and emailed the site. I did not receive any response and my order was not cancelled. So I got stuck with thousands of dollars being reserved on my credit card for weeks now. Out of four emails I have sent them, 0 have been answered. When I requested a tracking number for my order, I had to ask another SA to help out since I wasn't hearing back from my current SA.

I know that they are a relatively new company and are busy right now, but that is no excuse for not following up with customer inquiries, especially customers who have already placed orders. As I said in a previous post, I have worked with several startups and e-commerce sites since the late 90s. No matter how busy or how small the administrative staff, you have to make the time to respond to all messages. Customer service is of paramount importance. Not responding is showing a lack of respect to paying clientele.

Wow, not good.
I have been asking about items that they have posted and have also been trying to buy several items that again, THEY have posted…. so, presumably, these items ARE available. I have not received any contact from anyone there. It seems like think they were not prepared for the interest in their services or something must have happened….. I would be hesitant now…. Too bad….

Aside from my refund issues, I think they do some funny accounting/audit practices. Let's say, I checked out on their website on Monday (day 1) and a hold is placed on my card, later turns out the item is unavailable so they release the hold. On Sunday (Day 6), I check out for a different item (different amount) and a new hold is placed on my card. When the charge posts, it's listed on my account as posting on Day 1 (rather than Day 6, which is more accurate). So it makes it seem that I purchased the item earlier than I actually did.

It's not a big deal, the math was correct, but I feel like the integrity of the payment posting process is questionable. if they were ever audited, I guess there would be an issue....as I never placed an order for my item on Day 1, yet my credit card reflects that (and presuming their account does too).

I just checked on a bunch of things I had hoped to place orders on and they have not received a response or any acknowledgment at all. Its too bad, it was a great idea but I guess they got ahead of themselves. I had placed 3 significant orders with them and was very happy but I would not order with them again after this radio silence.

I think that has something to do with their payment processor. Usually you sign up with a payment processor for credit card transactions.

Visa and masters only deal with banks not individual merchants

By the way, I am still waiting for my refund

Aside from my refund issues, I think they do some funny accounting/audit practices. Let's say, I checked out on their website on Monday (day 1) and a hold is placed on my card, later turns out the item is unavailable so they release the hold. On Sunday (Day 6), I check out for a different item (different amount) and a new hold is placed on my card. When the charge posts, it's listed on my account as posting on Day 1 (rather than Day 6, which is more accurate). So it makes it seem that I purchased the item earlier than I actually did.

It's not a big deal, the math was correct, but I feel like the integrity of the payment posting process is questionable. if they were ever audited, I guess there would be an issue....as I never placed an order for my item on Day 1, yet my credit card reflects that (and presuming their account does too).