PS 1 keep all or Bal Work?

joy&lv

Obsessed
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
So I am currently obsessed with leather bags. All started with the Mahina, then on to Bal.
I am considering getting a Bal work then stumbled on the PS1Keep all.

Does anyone have both (comparison pics would be great) or had one or the other, n what r ur thoughts?
I don't have a store close by that carry both brand.

Thank a million!

I think there might be some comparison pics in one of the threads in the PS forum - I have neither but a keepall on the way and so can't really answer your questions, I am sorry

Small keepall. All the way :tup:

II have one and want more. I've owned many works and do love them but something about the way Bal handles get totally trashed over time has turned me off a bit. If you already own a bal bag, get the PS1!

I have some pics in my phone.. I'll upload.

I only have a small keep-all because most Bals are too "moto" and too unstructured for me. I love my keep-all to pieces, but I have to admit that the brass clasp started showing signs of wear (slightly noticeable grayish line through the middle, though it's not chipping or anything) pretty fast.

ETA: Rain/snow surprised me more than once when carrying the (unprotected) keep-all and there are no stains on it whatsoever. The color stayed completely the same, too.

But: I just remembered that I noticed a small crack on the sealant (on the side of the flap) yesterday and was really sad about that. I've only had it for a month, but it has become my new favorite (i.e. I've been carrying it almost every day for a month).

Here are some pics of my keepall that I just happen to have already in my phone. They are not great pics at all but will give you an idea of size.. Trying to find a pic of a work..

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

I only have a small keep-all because most Bals are too "moto" and too unstructured for me. I love my keep-all to pieces, but I have to admit that the brass clasp started showing signs of wear (slightly noticeable grayish line through the middle, though it's not chipping or anything) pretty fast.

What color combo do you have?

The small keep all is the same size as bals work IMO. Don't let the "small" trick you it's huge! I'd go for the PS KA over the work. I only have one work which I love but don't use as much as I should I think it's because i can't fit it over my shoulder I can only carry it in the nook of my arm or by the handle. The KA has a longer drop length for the handles are much more generous and can even fit over a winter coat.

The small keep all is the same size as bals work IMO. Don't let the "small" trick you it's huge! I'd go for the PS KA over the work. I only have one work which I love but don't use as much as I should I think it's because i can't fit it over my shoulder I can only carry it in the nook of my arm or by the handle. The KA has a longer drop length for the handles are much more generous and can even fit over a winter coat.

I am pretty petite. I can even get the City handles to fit over my shoulder but I really don't think I like the "fit." The PS KA has a bit more struture and more room for the arm. Besides, I think it is a bit different than the work which is pretty much same as the city... just larger...

ETA: Rain/snow surprised me more than once when carrying the (unprotected) keep-all and there are no stains on it whatsoever. The color stayed completely the same, too.

But: I just remembered that I noticed a small crack on the sealant (on the side of the flap) yesterday and was really sad about that. I've only had it for a month, but it has become my new favorite (i.e. I've been carrying it almost every day for a month).

I am so torn between structure and no structure. Bal is so pretty when carried but I get a little worried when I set it down that so much of the leather surface is touching the public surface because it all puddles. I love my LV but having to worry about the rain on Vanchetta is a pain. I have been strickly using my Bal for the last week because of rain forcast.

I think, PS1 Small KA is looking good. I am just wondering if I want to go LARGE. I am only 5" 2' so it might just overwhelming.