Prune Birkin???

Funny how I just took my prune Lindy out from the closet today. Thought I took her for a spin tomorrow. :biggrin: It's a great color that goes with everything. I was offered another Lindy a couple of years ago in raisin but found the color to be purple. Prune has a red/burgundy tone. Raisin is definitely brighter. If I didn't have prune Lindy already I'd have definitely gotten a raisin (or a raisin in another style bag). But then my taste has also changed and I prefer bright shades these days. It all depends on what color you like and what color clothing you wear. I do find prune goes easily with everything as it's more of a neutral shade. G'luck deciding!

What do you Hermes experts think of this color for a first Birkin? Do any of you own this color? If so, do you love it?View attachment 2597863. Would love to see your pictures!!

Hello smile4me6!
I hope you don't mind that I'll be asking here in your post! This has long been a nagging question in my head!!!! But what I have been considering is a Prune K35. It's just that the few people I have asked, have discouraged ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398827108.040743.jpgme from getting it, saying I won't be able to wear it frequently...

Madambijoux and hotshot, being prune Kelly owners, may I ask you a question? My wardrobe consists mostly of black, navy and tan/beige, with very few pieces of red, pink and green. Do you think it is more versatile than a gold Kelly? Thanks so much!!!!

This is the kelly that's waiting for me to adopt her...ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398826866.875171.jpg

I love prune! I have a prune B30 in swift. Everytime I bring her out people always comment on it. It's more like a dark burgundy and is a wonder neutral - just goes with everything. The only downside is that it's more of a winter color in my eyes so she doesnt really get taken out during the spring / summer months when I prefer using my brighter and lighter bags.

Hello smile4me6!
I hope you don't mind that I'll be asking here in your post! This has long been a nagging question in my head!!!! But what I have been considering is a Prune K35. It's just that the few people I have asked, have discouraged View attachment 2598407me from getting it, saying I won't be able to wear it frequently...

Madambijoux and hotshot, being prune Kelly owners, may I ask you a question? My wardrobe consists mostly of black, navy and tan/beige, with very few pieces of red, pink and green. Do you think it is more versatile than a gold Kelly? Thanks so much!!!!

This is the kelly that's waiting for me to adopt her...View attachment 2598396

To answer OP's question--I think it is a gorgeous color! Great neutral.

You have a lovely K there-- it looks like a great neutral to me. Reminds me of Ebene a little bit here. I think it would go with everything and lower maintenance since it's a darker color. But I also love gold color so I am not of much help! GL!

Hello smile4me6!
I hope you don't mind that I'll be asking here in your post! This has long been a nagging question in my head!!!! But what I have been considering is a Prune K35. It's just that the few people I have asked, have discouraged View attachment 2598407me from getting it, saying I won't be able to wear it frequently...

Don't mind you asking at all!! It's a very pretty bag...please let me know what you decide....and I'll do the same!!!:smile:

Hello smile4me6!

It may not be as versatile but it is more interesting for sure & not such
as easy color to come by, IMO as the gold color kelly is

I wear blacks, taupes & neutrals just like you and prefer the pop of
an unexpected color. I just think the color works...& the 35 size is perfect!!

Last edited: