proud to be a PF-B member!!!

didi78

O.G.
May 20, 2006
This isn't so interesting (like the other threads) but i just wanted to tell my story...

Last night, i had dinner at a fancy restaurant and my friend's friend took one look at my INCREDIBLE ink shrug and gasped, "OMG, I LOVE YOUR BAG!" and then spent the next 20 minutes looking at it, touching it (her hands looked clean enough haha), and asking about it. She told me she has a gray hobo, and wanted to get some new colors. I felt like a B-bag expert since I knew all about how to take care of it (lub vs. AG), all the names of the new colors, all the new styles...blah blah blah. She was staring at me transfixed and worshipping, and then was like, "OMG, you know more than that B-bag sales person who called me the other day." LOL! Then i told her that i got my shrug for 50% off and she almost died and wanted to know how I knew about the Shirise sale and I just had to tell her that I found out from the PF.

Man, I am sooo proud to be a PF member. :biggrin:

I know how you feel! I have learnt more in this forum in the past couple of months than in some of my grad school courses! :P
I feel very proud too, and very honored to be able to yak with such a great bunch of ladies! :love: :love:

Sometimes I know so much about a bag that I feel embarassed when I'm talking to a friend who doesn't. Sometimes they just give me a weird look, and they just do not understand! Hehe

So is your friend going to join the PF?

What a great story! I was at my parents' house one day with my eggplant twiggy, and my dad picked it up and started examining it. He asked "So what exactly makes these bags so special?" So I went into a long explanation about the leather, etc., and he looked more than a little perplexed :lol:.

avery said:
I know how you feel! I have learnt more in this forum in the past couple of months than in some of my grad school courses! :P
I feel very proud too, and very honored to be able to yak with such a great bunch of ladies! :love: :love:

That's sooooo true!! Same here. :roflmfao:

That's a great story, didi! :smile:

I feel exactly the same way! I am sooo happy that I found this forum! Everyone here is so sweet and helpful--I've learned sooo much since I've joined. :heart:

Awwwwwwwwwwww didi ..... what a wonderful story !! I feel the same like you and made similar experiences with 'inexperienced' people :lol: !! I feel very proud too to be here since a few months - I learned soooo much in the meantime - and I met sooooooooooooooo lovely ladies in here ! I feel "at home" :love::heart::yes:

hee heee!!!! you guys are so nice about this. And i do feel so honored to be able to chat with you guys on this forum, and I am always so supported by everyone. :heart:

I know what you guys mean about feeling embarassed....I felt slightly embarassed for ONE second cause there were 2 guys sitting next to us with the most nauseous expressions on their faces!!!! HAHAHA. Now they know how we feel when they go on and on about sports and cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflmfao:

Ever since I joined this forum, I've been spending all of my free time here!!!!! My bf would come over and I would be on here posting away!!!! I think he might be a little jealous...LOL.

I've learned SO much in the past few months and can't wait to learn even more! I bought my first B bag and everyone was so helpful! I love tPF!!!!

hahaha, i check this forum like 10 times a day!!!! it's so nice, but at the same time I think if I added up all the time I spend obsessing over b-bags, reading posts, commenting on posts, experimenting with lubriderm, searching ebay for a great buy, bidding on ebay...etc.etc.etc......I think I would probably have finished my dissertation by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll be a student forever.