Proud that I didn't do it - Speedy 25 EMP!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I was thisclose to purchasing Speedy 25 Emp in grenade. It was on hold at Saks and I was going to put on my MPA to pay out over 12 months zero interest. I visited and tried on and really liked (maybe not loved) the bag. But I could not bring myself to purchase it. Perhaps I did not want a bill each month for 12 months. Kind of freeing in a way. Also, I have over 20 Vuittons and think it is a little excessive. And finally, I think I want a small diamond (Tiffany or Cartier) and the cost of Speedy Emp could be a huge portion of my ring. Wonder if I will change my mind again!

I was thisclose to purchasing Speedy 25 Emp in grenade. It was on hold at Saks and I was going to put on my MPA to pay out over 12 months zero interest. I visited and tried on and really liked (maybe not loved) the bag. But I could not bring myself to purchase it. Perhaps I did not want a bill each month for 12 months. Kind of freeing in a way. Also, I have over 20 Vuittons and think it is a little excessive. And finally, I think I want a small diamond (Tiffany or Cartier) and the cost of Speedy Emp could be a huge portion of my ring. Wonder if I will change my mind again!

Good for you! I'm learning that just because I think something is really nice doesn't mean I have to have it!

Congrats to you! It is a nice feeling! Go for the diamond! I sold my Verona mm and traded in a diamond for my solitaire pendant earlier this year. I was going to get a emp speedy b - I had an epi noe to return, the Verona funds and the cash in hand. I debated an SC PM or emp speedy or emp métis. No excitement at all - so I bought my DH limited edition shoes and belt with the noe credit and went for a flawless diamond at diamonds direct Southpark (for my nc peeps - second to none - I adore them)

I've only done payments on a bag once and it was awful! Never again. It just feels wrong to me. I ended up just paying it all off anyway.

No point in buying something just to buy it - it's empty and unfulfilling. I went to the Chanel sale in Sunday and thought about getting the black on the road hobo. I'm not a hobo person. I realized I did not like it and the sale was clouding my judgment. If a green mademoiselle bowler becomes available, I may get that since I adore the shape and color (The noe was menthe - just too green for me). Ill survive if there's no green chanel in my immediate future

I will be at KOP to order a mon mono piece since they don't do it in Charlotte and I am an in-store purchaser only. I figured I could do green as one of the colors ;) How is the KOP boutique? I haven't been to KOP in 20 years! I am guessing you normally purchase at Saks but if you have any KOP tips, I'd love to hear them

Last edited:
clu13 - KOP store has been wonderful to me! All of the SAs there are great. But they know me as I have a big history in their system of prior purchases with no returns or exchanges. And I only had one repair in 6 years. I purchased my mon mono speedy 30 there and my mon mono NF MM there as well and it was a wonderful experience. Which colors are you thinking of? I hope I don't regret passing on the speedy 25 emp especially caise I know it will soon be over $3,000 with all the price increases. But I really want the Cartier ballerine ring and won't have a monthly bill by going the jewelry route. I am just going to save a set amount each month and try to do in September for my 50th! But if I wait even a few months past that, I might be able to do a tad bigger. We'll see....

clu13 - KOP store has been wonderful to me! All of the SAs there are great. But they know me as I have a big history in their system of prior purchases with no returns or exchanges. And I only had one repair in 6 years. I purchased my mon mono speedy 30 there and my mon mono NF MM there as well and it was a wonderful experience. Which colors are you thinking of? I hope I don't regret passing on the speedy 25 emp especially caise I know it will soon be over $3,000 with all the price increases. But I really want the Cartier ballerine ring and won't have a monthly bill by going the jewelry route. I am just going to save a set amount each month and try to do in September for my 50th! But if I wait even a few months past that, I might be able to do a tad bigger. We'll see....

Great bday present!

I think green and light green (unless that Chanel makes it's way into my life - then I have no idea)

Is there a private room in KOP? My SA here in CLT has set up VIC treatment for us in KOP ;)

you should be 100% sure when getting such a high end bag
if you're not then wait or put the money to other things
the bag will most likely still be there if you change your mind

I am soo happy that I did not get it. I have an Artsy Emp in infini. Yes, it is heavy. But beautiful. I just can't justify having 2 empriente bags. And like I said, I'm so happy to not have that bill for 12 months!

Good for you! I should be ashamed as I own a lot of LV bags as well, I won't say how many. I think a jewelry would be a much better choice and it's last you forever. :tup: