Protesting Canada's Seal Hunt . . . question?

1. Okay, as you know (or if you don't know I'm telling you now), I'm living in Canada. Canada has the seal hunt every year, which everyone knows, I realized I'm totally against.

I plan on not eating Canadian seafood to show I don't support the seal hunt, but I don't know if there's any specific types of seafood I should avoid.

I went to a seafood restaurant with my dad for lunch today and on my way there, I was seriously questioning whether or not I should go. Then I was questioning wheter or not I should order the fish and chips. (The 'fish' in fish and chips was hallibut. I don't remember reading anything about hallibut in the seal hunting articles.)

Help me!

2. I don't know too much about the exact seafood you should avoid. All I can suggest, is that you ask about the origins of each, individually (or read the label, if you're in a store), before ordering/buying.

I should imagine that, as you live in Canada, it might be quite hard to avoid Canadian Seafood, as most of it is probably caught fairly locally.

I think it's far easier for people from the US and the rest of the world to avoid it. :yes:

Well done on your decision to protest against the hunt, BTW. :flowers:

3. Thank you! My aunt and uncle said cod was the fish to avoid. So I won't eat Canadian cod.

4. It's my own personal protest. I'm not one of those extremists who show graphic pictures of the seal hunt. I realize for some people, it's their livelihood. I just don't agree with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice