Protection when selling to Private Resale sellers

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Hi all

I wanted to ask what protection you have when selling your bags to Designer Resale Sellers who have on line stores. What happens if they don't pay you and how can you get your money back if your bag then sells via their store?

Hi all

I wanted to ask what protection you have when selling your bags to Designer Resale Sellers who have on line stores. What happens if they don't pay you and how can you get your money back if your bag then sells via their store?
The resellers I use would advise you terms of sale prior to agreeing to sell your item. Then if it doesn't sell within stated time they return it to you, although I have never had an item unsold.

May I ask what's happened....? I don't expect you to name the seller

Reactions: lulilu
I have used this site before but it's always been a bit of a drag having to get responses from them. Although last time it was a direct sale and I did get the agreed funds, this time It was a sale so I could get more. One item has sold but I am having to keep chasing the seller to ask about the money being transferred. I was advised it would be done last week but since then I have heard nothing and no funds have gone into my account. I have sent three E mails chasing this and asking for proof its been done but had no reply. They normally take a while to respond and it maybe that its been done but takes a few days to clear like last time, but I'm getting worried in case it goes wrong. I still have another bag with them for sale and it's making me worried even though the site seems to be a well known one. Neither time have they send any contact as per their web site, but I do have a receipt for the bags. Just wondered how I stand if no funds come through and I can't get a response from them.

I have used this site before but it's always been a bit of a drag having to get responses from them. Although last time it was a direct sale and I did get the agreed funds, this time It was a sale so I could get more. One item has sold but I am having to keep chasing the seller to ask about the money being transferred. I was advised it would be done last week but since then I have heard nothing and no funds have gone into my account. I have sent three E mails chasing this and asking for proof its been done but had no reply. They normally take a while to respond and it maybe that its been done but takes a few days to clear like last time, but I'm getting worried in case it goes wrong. I still have another bag with them for sale and it's making me worried even though the site seems to be a well known one. Neither time have they send any contact as per their web site, but I do have a receipt for the bags. Just wondered how I stand if no funds come through and I can't get a response from them.

I understand what you mean. TBH there are some sites that are easier to buy/sell with , than others. What I will say is that if they cannot be bothered to answer emails promptly (or at all) I would not trust them to sell my goods and furthermore I won't buy anything from them either, which is a shame. I've never given this any thought previously and I have sold items with resellers. I'm not sure you have any formal protection apart from their word and email trail. However in the days of social media surely as a business seller it would be foolish to do anything underhand. Im sure it will all turn out ok, but it sounds pretty stressful for you. Perhaps once these transactions are completed you should try elsewhere if you have anything to sell. Good luck and keep us posted.

I understand what you mean. TBH there are some sites that are easier to buy/sell with , than others. What I will say is that if they cannot be bothered to answer emails promptly (or at all) I would not trust them to sell my goods and furthermore I won't buy anything from them either, which is a shame. I've never given this any thought previously and I have sold items with resellers. I'm not sure you have any formal protection apart from their word and email trail. However in the days of social media surely as a business seller it would be foolish to do anything underhand. Im sure it will all turn out ok, but it sounds pretty stressful for you. Perhaps once these transactions are completed you should try elsewhere if you have anything to sell. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes my thoughts exactly. I am sure I am worrying unnecessarily and as before they will eventually pay. However for the extra money they give compared to other sites, I won't be using them again for sure. I may name and shame at a later date but will see what they come back with first. Will keep you all posted.

Reactions: NY2005
I think I can guess who this is I'm sorry to say. If your funds are overdue I would telephone rather than email, and/or be posting on their website. I'd also be insisting on the return of the other bag listed with the seller. Did you receive a copy of their terms? You could take it to citizens advice or trading standards and ask for their advice. We get a bit blasé sometimes I think about the sums involved in buying and selling these bags, but actually it's a significant amount of money.

It may not be who you are thinking Pessie, but I will give it until Tuesday and if no funds are in my bank then and no response to my E mails I will send a very strongly worded one and maybe call them. As you say, I may be worrying and it may all have been done, but there is no excuse for this lack of contact, even if they have been busty and not read their E mails. I won't be using them again that's for sure.

Reactions: Evia
I think I can guess who this is I'm sorry to say. If your funds are overdue I would telephone rather than email, and/or be posting on their website. I'd also be insisting on the return of the other bag listed with the seller. Did you receive a copy of their terms? You could take it to citizens advice or trading standards and ask for their advice. We get a bit blasé sometimes I think about the sums involved in buying and selling these bags, but actually it's a significant amount of money.

OK so the update is I sent another E mail last night to a mother E mail address from the web site and basically said the lack of response wasn't very good customer service and I would like proof the funds have gone into my bank account as promised last week. I heard nothing back at all and then got a Pay Pal E mail this afternoon asking me to accept an amount from this seller. It was what we agreed and of course I accepted. It was obviously not done last week though to my bank account and only done this morning. I am still annoyed that I had to chase payment once the bag was sold, but anyhow I will no doubt have the same issue if my other bag sells and then I won't be using them again.

Once it's all finished I will pst on here my experience and name the site so people are aware but for now I will wait.

OK so the update is I sent another E mail last night to a mother E mail address from the web site and basically said the lack of response wasn't very good customer service and I would like proof the funds have gone into my bank account as promised last week. I heard nothing back at all and then got a Pay Pal E mail this afternoon asking me to accept an amount from this seller. It was what we agreed and of course I accepted. It was obviously not done last week though to my bank account and only done this morning. I am still annoyed that I had to chase payment once the bag was sold, but anyhow I will no doubt have the same issue if my other bag sells and then I won't be using them again.

Once it's all finished I will pst on here my experience and name the site so people are aware but for now I will wait.
That's awful, very poor, but I'm really glad to hear you've received the money owed. I think its appalling that you didn't get an apology. Wonder if they're having cash flow problems.