Protecting your Tassels!!

MrsKC

Jan 5, 2013
Hey girls, well my collection is growing and storing these beauties is proving a challenge for me when it comes to protecting the tassels on the bags that have tassels. It really bugs me when the tassels are pointing in every direction and not looking nice. While I know I am not supposed to store them in plastic (bad) I found it helpful to wrap the purse up in the plastic bag it came in that way I could make sure the tassels stayed in place before placing in a storage bag (again, I know--wrong). So here is a pic of what I am doing. I cut one of DH's white t-shirts into strips and secured the fabric with a velcro cable tie that I got at Staples. Now, these babies are ready for their WHITE pillowcases (another thing I learned from all of you experts!). What do you think? :smile:

Attachments

• protectingtassels.png
    protectingtassels.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 233
Hey girls, well my collection is growing and storing these beauties is proving a challenge for me when it comes to protecting the tassels on the bags that have tassels. It really bugs me when the tassels are pointing in every direction and not looking nice. While I know I am not supposed to store them in plastic (bad) I found it helpful to wrap the purse up in the plastic bag it came in that way I could make sure the tassels stayed in place before placing in a storage bag (again, I know--wrong). So here is a pic of what I am doing. I cut one of DH's white t-shirts into strips and secured the fabric with a velcro cable tie that I got at Staples. Now, these babies are ready for their WHITE pillowcases (another thing I learned from all of you experts!). What do you think? :smile:

Looks like you came up with a winner to protect the tassels, kc!

I don't have many bags with tassels and there never has been a problem with the ones I have for some reason.

Sue

Looks like you came up with a winner to protect the tassels, kc!

I don't have many bags with tassels and there never has been a problem with the ones I have for some reason.

Sue

What would really solve the problem is custom closets with better storage :smile:. Too bad for me......I dont think that is going to happen any time soon. kc

Great ideas. I received a NWT bag from an Ebay purchase and the tassels were twisted a bit on one side. I am hoping that they will relax as I carry the bag.