Protecting Your Balenciaga

jjrz1037

Mar 6, 2006
After following this "blog" for the last 3 weeks, I finally made 2 purchases. I ordered the "City" in ink from the NY store. I saved about $90 bucks on taxes!:lol: Now if I don't like it, I can take a ride to NY from Philly and return it for something else. The woman I spoke with was super nice. She said she was the buyer for the store. I asked what she thought of the Ink color. I usually stay safe with black. She said it was her favorite color. It is absolutely beautiful and every girl in the store owns one. She said it was definitely the hottest color and did not think I was too old for the bag (40).

I also ordered the Hayden Harnett is "Mercer". They are supposes to be getting more stock around the 15th. I bought and returned a chloe so with that money I bought 2 bags.:biggrin: I can't wait until I get them. I am almost sick with fear that I will not like the Balenciaga.:sick: I have never seen one in person but did alot of searching online.

Now once I get these babies home for good, how do I protect them? Is there a special cleaner or something that I put on them before I use them? Or do I just treat it like my other non-designer bags? For the amount of money I can't believe I just spent, I want to make sure they are around forever and I don't want to be afraid to use them everyday, otherwise what was the point, right? Thanks again...Jacquee

Congrats on your new purchases. I do think you will love them.

To protect and condition my Balenciaga bags I use apple garde conditioner.

It is available from www.leatherstuff.com it is inexpensive and they ship out orders within 24 hours, if not same day (mon-fri).

It is great stuff. I have the rain spray from apple garde too; I have sprayed my B-bags with that too.

Reactions: missholly1212
Congrats! I just know you will love it- I was blown away when I saw the b-bag IRL for the first time. THe leather is the softest you will ever feel! And I don't think you can ever be too old for a b-bag!!! Post pics when it comes in so we can drool! ENjoy!

Congratulations on your purchases, jjrz.

I think you are going to LOVE the ink bag. I was in the Balenciaga store yesterday and I saw someone purchasing an Arena Hook Duffle Bag in ink. I was so tempted to buy a larger bag in the ink for myself. I already own an ink hobo, so I resisted the urge. The color is AMAZING though, and the more that I look at it, the more I think it is one of the best colors that Balenciaga has ever produced. Please give us a report once you receive the bag; would love to hear your thoughts.

Congratulations. IMO you will LOVE your Mercer satchel! Mine was waiting for me when I got home Thursday night and I've been carrying it ever since. I'm seriously :love: 'ing this bag!!! I've even broken my "no more bags till May" vow and ordered it in black. I know this is heresy, but I like this bag even better than my Paddington! :P

The City is the next bag I'm stalking. I haven't decided on the color yet. Going to hold off for a few weeks...no really I am!!! :lol: Have humongous car repair and vet bills to take care of first.

Congrats! I'm sure you will love your Balenciaga. If you decide you do not like the ink color there are many fabulous colors to choose from. Let us know what you think of it when you get it and please post pics!

QUOTED YA: After following this "blog" for the last 3 weeks, I finally made 2 purchases. I ordered the "City" in ink from the NY store...."

Hey! One followed me home yesterday from Barneys!
The Ink color is soooo pretty :love:. As soon as I saw the swatches with this color I knew I should not go near Barney's. Oh well.

I'm thinking of letting this be one of the few I don't treat with the Apple
Leather Protector. I'll have to see how it goes.

Since I have never treated my bbags with any sort of conditioner/protector, I would like to try the Apple products. I am looking at www.LeatherStuff.com and am not sure which product it is that everyone seems to use on their bbags - is it the Apple Garde or the Apple Leather Care? Thanks!

I think it's both. The Apple Leather Care is a conditioner that you rub on. The Apple Garde is just the water protectant spray. I have both! They are great! :smile: But the Leather Care is the more important one!

LouiseyPeasey said:
Just an FYI to everyone about finding Apple products - look at the dealers page on their site: http://www.applepolishes.com/applepolishes/dealers/default.asp

You might find a local retailer - I found 2 and I live in, like, nowhere - so that saves shipping (and also helps when you need an emergency bottle of cleaner because your husband spilled his latte on your bag :cry:smile:.

thanks for the info! so useful!

Reactions: missholly1212