Protecting the leather on my Dooney?

babygirlbling

J'aime ma vie!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
I just got a Dooney IT bag and I'm concerned about the handle. I live in a very rainy climate and want to use this bag daily but I'm worried about ruining the leather with water spots. The front, back, and sides of the bag are coated so I'm not worried about them but the handle is a really light leather.

Do I even need to worry about it? Will the rain even effect it? I would hate to try it out then have it ruined. :crybaby:

Could I put some sort of water repelling sealer on it like snow seal or is there some other product that is recommended?

TIA and I'm sorry if this is a bit of a dumb question.

You should probably ask this in the Dooney section of this forum to get their expert advice. But my suggestion would be to put on a water repelling sealer on the leather parts, it's what I do.

The water spots will eventually blend in with the light leather (vachetta). The vachetta will tan over time and you won't notice the spots at all!

Hi, definately Apple Guarde. I bought some from Berlington's (in the leather coat department) because the ladies on the Balenciaga forum said it's perfect for my Balenciaga. I used it on my dooney tassel handles (same as the IT bag handles) last night and boy what a difference. It also protects from staining from hand oils.