Protecting or conditioning vachetta leather that has developed a nice patina?

sassification

♡ embrace minimalism
O.G.
Dec 14, 2008
Hi dear tpfers! Can i check if the monogram eva has hardly been used and has developed a nice patina through the years, is it necessary to now spray it with rain /water protector ? Or apply leather conditioner?

Or can it like some say, be used with minimal care since the patina would protect the leather ?

Thank u!

I'm interested too...I just purchased a preloved bag that doesn't appear to be used often with a nice patina but the vachetta feels a bit dry. I was wondering if I can just condition the leather without protecting or cleaning.

I have a 10 year old bag that seemed dry. I used Cadillac Boot & Shoe Leather Lotion on it and it brought back most of the moisture and sheen to the vachetta. On my handles they seem like the leather was too dry to bring back the sheen, but they do seem more moisturized. I am hoping that a few more applications will do it. I am no longer afraid that they will disintegrate, though. Hope that helps.

I tried using crabtree and evelyn hand cream and it made the vachetta so much more moisturised after it dried off! *shocked* but i only tried it on my monogram milla mm !