Protecting my bag

So...I tried the Lexol on my Chicklit tonight, and I am not thrilled. :hrmm:

It's a bit darker, which is fine, but it's also quite dull. I followed the directions exactly, buffed it and all, but it's still a bit matte. :shrugs: I don't know if I'll be using it on my bags.

I got a spray bottle of conditioner/preservative. Should I return it for the wipes?

Maybe it did that because I had used meltonian polish on it previously? :shrugs:

ETA: It looks a bit better today.

I'll try buffing again, and I buffed more this morning. The spray is applied from a rag and seemed to be the same thing as the regular bottle of liquid.

I found an old little trial size bottle of Lubriderm lying around the house and thought I'd try it on my grape Minilisa and it did a great job softening the leather. I had previously tried a different moisturizer but the dryness came back the next day. The Lubriderm seems like it did a better job. I'll try the lexol wipes next. I love my Minilisa-it's one of my favorite bags!! :smile:

i think i over-buffed maybe my GA boogie with the lexol once? there was a slight bit of green showing on the white cloth.... oops :T

with the lexol/lubriderm/apple...do you start buffing it when it's dry to the touch or later when the leather looks completely dry (like less dark in color?) what if you skip this step and how does it help (does it drive the conditioner in more deeply or help the leather absorb the stuff?)?

sorry if it's a dumb question! i really never took care of any leather goods i had until i started getting tanos (well some colors i like to keep new and others i don't mind letting get distressed) and now, i'm trying to take good care of my leather boots/shoes , too!

I'm wondering if I should do a test:

Lexol on one side of a bag, and Lubriderm on the other?

The trouble is, I can't think of any of my bags that need conditioning more than my GW, and that wouldn't show the comparison very well, what with the detail in the front and all.

Has anyone tried a side by side comparison yet?