Protecting a Stud Devote...

Cathy_Mac

Apr 23, 2008
Austin, TX
I just received my first Rebecca Minkoff handbag, a black Stud Devote. It may not be a terribly original choice but it is one g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s handbag!!!!!! I keep taking a whiff of the leather every chance I get…when the coworkers are not around, of course. I do have a question about protecting it. I have used Wilson’s TLC spray on other leather handbags (especially if any other color besides black) and would like to treat this handbag, as well, despite the dark color. Might it discolor the gold studs? Has anyone done this before or had problems with the hardware when using a spray-on leather protector? I am anxiously awaiting a pre-ordered Zip Devote in purple haze and want to be prepared to protect that handbag, as well.

kdo

Let's Go Caps!
Nov 1, 2008
I have not treated my black stud devote and it's held up well. Sorry I can't answer your question about the spray but in the past I'm have not experienced discoloration on the studs of my burgundy mini Beloved. I don't anticipate that you'll have any problems. Congrats on your gorgeous devote.

aureliebr

O.G.
Jan 2, 2009
NYC
I don't have a Devote but I sprayed my Almond New Market half to death because it is a naked leather and found that while the hardware got coated, the protectant wiped right off the metal.

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
I used to have a Papaya Devote. However, I spray and condition all my bags that I intend to keep with Apple Gardes procudts. Works great! But I've only used it on like..5 bags.

ChaChaWeed

May 20, 2008
I haven't conditioned my Almond Stud or Black Stud and both are still beautiful. The Almond has been hit with rain but has not stained at all.