protectants for Bals before using?

CMUmom56

Jun 25, 2009
Should I put any kind of protectant on my bags before I use them. I was reading some threads about Apple products and was thinking of ordering a few of the products. Would like to know if anyone treated their bags before they used them or just when they needed a little TLC -- thanks ladies!! :smile:

If you want to take extra good care of your bag, then you should. I don't know which products though!

Personally, on all my bags I do not use any protectant of any kind. I keep it all natural.

You can check this link for recommendations (most people recommend apple products or lovinmybags)

I got the apple leather care kit (cleaner, conditioner, and fabric) and the rain & stain repellent.. From what I've read the leather cleaner is VERY harsh and shouldn't be used unless you absolutely have to.. The conditioner can also be used to clean bags but conditions them at the same time, and the rain and stain repellent is used to prevent stains (obviously :P) so you should probably use that before using your bag.. I've been too busy to try out the products, but I've only heard great things