Protect canvas lining??

Dawn

seriously?
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I haven't been able to find any threads about protecting the inside of our bags. Some of the lighter colored canvas lining gets dirty pretty fast and while I usually don't mind, I'd like to know if there is a way to treat it to at least help prevent major stains.

Would Scotchguard work? I think the main things we need to protect against are general dirt (from our hands, accessories), makeup, and pens!

I'd love to know if any of you have treated your canvas inside the bag!

Thanks!
:heart: Dawn :heart:

I think the canvas is already treated so scotchguard may not adhere correctly. Have you had problems cleaning messes up from canvas interiors? The best way I can think of to prevent major stains is- to not put items that would cause stains in your bag in the first place ;) This means no lipstick that will melt, no lipglosses that tend to ooze, no powders/compacts that are starting to crack, no felt tip pens (only capped ballpoint for me)

^^ No prob! :tup: I really think the canvas lining is sufficient to withstand small accidents at the very least. I think I remember reading someone's water bottle leaked into the bottom of her purse and she just wiped it right up!

That's good to hear. :tup: I just got my first bag with canvas lining (mia polina in apple green:heart:) and it's a big hobo that will likely be loaded up with a lot of things for me and my daughter, and DH. I carried a water bottle in it last weekend, but was concerned, so I used a sleeve for it, just in case. I'm glad to know the canvas is probably treated. I was hoping to make this my "I don't have to worry about it" bag.

ETA: Like JAP4life I have a couple of pouches that I transfer from bag to bag, but that's more for ease and organization when I change bags.

Thanks guys! I have a bunch of little pouches and stuff too but inevitably, my bags get dirty. Especially the top part...that's where dirt/smudges happen. I'm considering just spraying some Scotchguard to help with it anyway...I don't think it will hurt (since the lining can be pulled out, it won't affect the leather). I'll let you know what happens. hehe.

I first have to clean the lining, then I'll protect it!

i haven't had a problem with dirty interiors before unless i bought a bag that came that way through ebay or something. i always carry cosmetics in a separate bag. my pens are not prone to exploding. mostly, i switch my bags pretty often, so i'm not using one for a prolonged period of time. i think that helps with keeping them clean because you're not subjecting it to the daily wear and tear.