Pros & Cons to Round vs Cushion Cut Diamond??

luckycharm06

Old School Member
O.G.
Dec 2, 2005
DB and I have been looking at rings as of late and are debating between two shapes...I love both the cushion cut and RB, but he is a traditional guy and 100% prefers the RB. I noticed while ring shopping that you get a lot more "bang for your buck" with a cushion cut...we are looking at a 1.70 F/VS2 cushion for about the same price as a 1.52 RB F/VS2.

What would you ladies choose? It will be mounted on a simple platinum band. I would love a ring that stands the test of time and that I can upgrade easily to any wedding band.

TIA :flowers:

RB looks larger than a cushion in cases where all else is equal. cushions are gorgeous though. i like RBs, but i would probably choose the cushion as well. i think it's very sophisticated.

has my bf been on this forum to bribe everyone? :graucho: Here is a pic of both options:

RG00000800_RD_150_200zoom.jpg

OR...

RG00001000_CU_175_200zoom.jpg

Cushions are as classic as rounds..., and they have been around for way-way longer than rounds...

but watch out..., there are a lot of different varieties!!! You can sort them out based on their face-up appearances!

Good Luck

I think the cushion portrayed in the pic above is more square than I would like...the one I saw in the store is a much softer/rounder square cut.

We are going to look at rings again today..hopefully I can come back with more info!! :flowers: