Pros & Cons of Tivoli GM

puccaandgarufan

puccaandgarufan
Sep 15, 2007
Hi all!

My DH wants to get me another LV bag (bless him!). I'm think of getting the Tivoli GM, can you guys please let me know what the pros and cons are for this bag?

I only have a Trevi PM at the moment so I thought I'd get something in monogram - but I'm scared of the vachetta patina-ing!

TIA!

Pros: cute shape, big enough to carry almost everything with you
Cons: vachetta, like every Mono piece, sags a little when there're heavy thing in it

But it still gets my vote - it's a stunning bag!

pro - it's beautiful, unique, and looks expensive as a monogram piece!
cons - i have one so, and i feel that it gets heavy at times, also, the zipper is very hard to work on!!

goodluck!

Thank you dreamcherry, shopsinparis and baglady362. So far more pros than cons! lol

I'm still iffy though and baglady said it gets heavy - I made that mistake with my Trevi (HEAVY!) so... hmmm.... lol

Would love to hear other people's opinions!

Thanks! :smile:

I just love my Tivoli GM. Right now, it is tied with my Galliera PM as my favorite bag. I really don't think that it is too heavy, but then I also don't find the Trevi PM too heavy.

My only con would be the potential for the side pleats dissappearring if overloaded.

i think this bag is stunning. however, i do not like rolled handles on my shoulders- that is a personal preference issue. i bought it, put it on, and knew it was not for me. i saw it irl at the swan boats in boston and it was TDF!!!!

The size is big and impressive; you have a choice of making it a hand-held bag or shoulder bag, and, yea, the zipper seems a little tight. Vachetta is always a concern.
Overall, I love it :tup::heart:.

It's a beautiful bag but when I had mine I didn't like that the zipper didn't run smoothly or that the rolled handles wouldn't stay on my shoulder. I had to sell her.

sorry, this is an older thread, but i have to bring this up!!!

i used my LH today before i start using my Tivoli GM which still sitting on my dresser, brand new ---

the rolled handles really bothered me today, christmas shopping with my kids. i'm so used to using my galliera pm and LOVE the single strap, LH was rolling off my shoulder constantly (i had my DS in the sling though) and i'm having major 2nd thoughts on keeping the tivoli.....

but i really love the looks of this beauty.... i almost exchanged it with tulum gm Louis Vuitton - Monogram Canvas Tulum GM - eLUXURY because of the two way options (and i like the messenger style, cuz i have two small kids!)..... but this bag wasn't pretty / sexy enough to win my heart.

does anybody else have problem with the rolled handles?! i know my kids won't stay little forever..... do you think Tivoli is still pretty with darker patina?!!

thanks!! =D

Pros: cute shape, big enough to carry almost everything with you
Cons: vachetta, like every Mono piece, sags a little when there're heavy thing in it

But it still gets my vote - it's a stunning bag!

I agree, I have this in the GM and it's amazing, beautiful, and I get tons of compliments on it! I'm 5'5 and the size is actually not as big as it looks in some pictures. It's fabulous! :yahoo:
The *only* con is the vachetta, but that just comes with the territory if u want monogram pieces, lol

sorry, this is an older thread, but i have to bring this up!!!

i used my LH today before i start using my Tivoli GM which still sitting on my dresser, brand new ---

the rolled handles really bothered me today, christmas shopping with my kids. i'm so used to using my galliera pm and LOVE the single strap, LH was rolling off my shoulder constantly (i had my DS in the sling though) and i'm having major 2nd thoughts on keeping the tivoli.....

but i really love the looks of this beauty.... i almost exchanged it with tulum gm Louis Vuitton - Monogram Canvas Tulum GM - eLUXURY because of the two way options (and i like the messenger style, cuz i have two small kids!)..... but this bag wasn't pretty / sexy enough to win my heart.

does anybody else have problem with the rolled handles?! i know my kids won't stay little forever..... do you think Tivoli is still pretty with darker patina?!!

thanks!! =D

I carried my Tivoli GM all day at the mall last Friday and have to agree with you. The handles kinda drove me crazy. It was the first time I have really carried it for any length of time since getting it back in September. It also seemed to be quite heavy and I really didn't have it over loaded. Perhaps it's just wasn't the right choice to take that day with it being so crowded everywhere. I expressed the exact words to my DH that I may have made a mistake getting the bag. I have since put it away and gone back to the Hampstead MM for now. I really think its a very unique and stunning bag but just not sure how practical it is for everyday use or at least shopping in Dallas. We'll see, hate to make any hasty decisions right not.

Annette

Sophia618....just thought I'd give you my opinion but I just don't like the Tivoli look at all...I know a lot of people do and I don't want to hurt their feelingings but when I look at your collection the Tivoli just doesn't seem to fit in with your taste. It is not the type of bag that would turn heads. And if the straps are annoying and you obviously don't love the bag I would exchange it for another bag. The way I know whether to keep a bag or not is when I get it home I just can't wait to start using it. If it sits in the box and I'm still thinking about it I take it back. I have never regretted returning a bag that I wasn't sure about. And...when I did keep one that I brought home and didn't use right away because I didn't know if I wanted to keep it or not but then decided to keep it I am now sorry that I did sooo, I would exchange it for something else. Good luck trying to decide! Happy Holidays!