Pros/Cons Make Me Smile Midi

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies, You have have MMS Midi...can you report on this thread how you feel about the bag after having used it for awhile?
Pros?
Cons?
How's the size, too big, too small, just right?
Better as a shoulder bag, handheld ?
How's the messenger strap?
Does the leather get nice and soft and puddle?
And those of you who don't have -- what do you like or don't like about this bag?
Thanks. Your thoughts will help me decide.
:heart::P;)

I don't have it yet, but have a bespoke order in for wine. I like the fact that it has a zip top and I like the basic style of it. It doesn't seem like it will be too big or too small.

I love your new avatar Cindy. Have you been up in one? We have a park across the street where people let them off. It looks like fun.

Anyway, back to topic... Tg, I'm thinking about this bag as well. It looks like it has easy access and it's a great size. I'm glad you started this thread.

I have also ordered this in wine. I liked the size and the top zipper. Will let you know once I get the bag.

Yes ladies, keep us posted on this style.

I think it looks like the classic Longchamps bag -- you know those nylon bags. So the shape is a classic, there's no doubt of that.

I have it in dark grey glossy. There aren't really a lot of cons to this bag - really there is only one - and that is that it doesn't look that great as a messenger bag. However, the handles fit easily over my shoulder with a coat on, so I really don't need the messenger strap on the bag.

Other than that - this bag looks great on the shoulder and hand-held. It is really lightweight, its easy to find stuff in it, and it carries a lot. Not too small - not too big. Its the best bag I've seen in terms of combining looks with functionality. I can't recommend it enough!

You know ^^^^that' what I thought...that it doesn't fall nicely as a messenger....hmmm...that's a problem for me. I always like the handfree option. But as you said, it goes on the shoulder nicely enough.
How much in U.S. $$?
Thanks!

Another thought.
Do we think this bag looks...a little...boring? You know, how the Whisper To Me is the sexy bag this season. Is the Make Me Smile a little too..."normal?" Just wondering out loud.

I love your new avatar Cindy. Have you been up in one? We have a park across the street where people let them off. It looks like fun.

Anyway, back to topic... Tg, I'm thinking about this bag as well. It looks like it has easy access and it's a great size. I'm glad you started this thread.

Thanks Suzi, no I've never been up in one. Around the end of August there's a balloon festival here. Not as big as the one in New Mexico which I understand has thousands of balloons, the one here has maybe 30. This particular one was out on Saturday morning and it got pretty close to our house so I thought I'd get a picture of it. Ha, I have millions of balloon pictures as I'm always outside with my camera when one comes in close. We had a couple land in the 2 acres west of our house before. It's kind of fun to help them 'package it all up' for transport.

Another thought.
Do we think this bag looks...a little...boring? You know, how the Whisper To Me is the sexy bag this season. Is the Make Me Smile a little too..."normal?" Just wondering out loud.

You do have a point, but I like the simple style of the MMS so much that I couldn't resist. I didn't think it would look good as a messenger style, but I do like that option. It's good to know (from Circoit) that the straps are long enough to go over the shoulder even with a coat on. Sadly, coats will be coming into play in about 2 months.

What a great thread TG to start! I"ve been wondering about the pros/cons of this style myself. Here's what I think:

Keep in mind, I only saw this bag IRL for a few minutes. AND, it was in dark grey glossy which would look entirely different to say, purple crash or petrol.

My initial impressions of the mms reminded me of a "basic" tote. What would set this bag apart and make it gorgeous would be color, IMO. I also think that a black crash or choc crash, might be chic. But, again, I'm leaning toward more "color".

It's quite a minimalistic style. But, at this point, that appeals to my tastes. This past year has been a wonderful learning experience. I'm more confident in my choices (well except if you catch me on a day where I can't decide between petrol or purple) and much more "discriminating". A year ago, I would have ordered every BE. Now, I know immediately on the website or within a week, if a style will work for my lifestyle.

And, what I might not have liked about the MMS a year ago, I think I could cherish it for years to come. Again, I'll know once I receive. But, for now, I'm thinking "Simple is good"!!!

There is a MMS full size? I thought the Midi was the only option. That's all there is on the website. Was it on the PDF pre-order page? I think the Midi is a fine size as it is. But the MMS boring? No way IMO. I think it's sleek and classic looking. I would put my Tan I'm Yours in the Boring catagory although I adore it. I think I could go for another color besides Petrol if I had to but I really wish they had a Matte leather one on the website. Not everyone is into metallic or shine.