Pros And Cons Of A City Bag, Please

"Hanger shoulders", straight, for holding up clothes like a hanger model :biggrin:

I confess I've thought of the small City too. It's very pretty.

Same!!! I have straight hanger shoulders too (but not the weight of a model :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:) and the bag still slides down.

I've tried the small City in person though, and it somehow did not look that good on me. Maybe I should try it again.

Same!!! I have straight hanger shoulders too (but not the weight of a model :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:) and the bag still slides down.

I've tried the small City in person though, and it somehow did not look that good on me. Maybe I should try it again.
For me, there are many other small bags I prefer, like the Hip, Loewe small Puzzle for ex. And my beloved PS Pouch.

Reactions: Antigone
Aaargh, I said, talk me OUT! :nuts::nuts::nuts::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::P:P:P

Ok, so I actually have 2 black RH city, 1 red RH city, 1 black GGH and 1 black SGH. I don't wear them so much because I prefer crossbody bags.

But now I am tempted by another black city. Crazy right? :nuts::nuts::nuts:

My main beef with the City is, well aside from I prefer crossbody bags, it keeps sliding down when worn on the shoulder. I am not a top-handle or crook-of-arm girl.

Also there's that tiny thing about me saying I'm going to be a minimalist. :P

@ksuromax LOVE your iridescent HW city!!!

I am also not a top-handle or crook of arm girl. I prefer shoulder carry (not the Day though) — that’s why I love the Town. But I am still holding onto a couple of City just because they are gorgeous.

For me, there are many other small bags I prefer, like the Hip, Loewe small Puzzle for ex. And my beloved PS Pouch.

Thanks for reminding me that I have a Hip! :nuts:

I am also not a top-handle or crook of arm girl. I prefer shoulder carry (not the Day though) — that’s why I love the Town. But I am still holding onto a couple of City just because they are gorgeous.

Thanks for reminding me that I have a Town! :nuts:

Ok, so clearly I don't need another city but you're right, they are gorgeous. :heart:

Aaargh, I said, talk me OUT! :nuts::nuts::nuts::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::P:P:P

Ok, so I actually have 2 black RH city, 1 red RH city, 1 black GGH and 1 black SGH. I don't wear them so much because I prefer crossbody bags.

My main beef with the City is, well aside from I prefer crossbody bags, it keeps sliding down when worn on the shoulder. I am not a top-handle or crook-of-arm girl.

Have you tried not using the weight distributor?

Yeah, I do that, it slides down less but still needs to be mindful about carrying it that way.

No, old strap but new hardware. Not sure if the longer strap works for the city, actually. I'm afraid it will make it more bent in the middle, hence, making it more prone to cracking? Even worn on the shoulder, the City is almost always already U-shaped (unless maybe I buy an organiser).
I've used some of my Cities with a longer handbag strap (non-Bal) to wear it crossbody, and when I've done that, I think there's actually less bending in the middle than when I wear the City on the shoulder using the default strap. I do have to be mindful not to fill the bag up too much when I wear it crossbody, though, since it's not comfortable carrying a too-heavy bag crossbody, but having a longer strap on the City has worked well for me so far.

(The strap I've used before is an adjustable one too, so I can also adjust how high/low the bag sits on me when worn crossbody -- I've found that also helps in carrying the bag comfortably too!)

I think there's actually less bending in the middle than when I wear the City on the shoulder using the default strap.
(The strap I've used before is an adjustable one too, so I can also adjust how high/low the bag sits on me when worn crossbody -- I've found that also helps in carrying the bag comfortably too!)

Thank you! I'll try using my City bags with long straps then. :heart:

Reactions: starkfan
Ok now, i may be able to talk you out. But are you very sure you want to hear?? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ah ...... u just mentioned 1 thing i dislike about City :biggrin:

Yeah, I do that, it slides down less but still needs to be mindful about carrying it that way.

No, old strap but new hardware. Not sure if the longer strap works for the city, actually. I'm afraid it will make it more bent in the middle, hence, making it more prone to cracking? Even worn on the shoulder, the City is almost always already U-shaped (unless maybe I buy an organiser).

Reactions: Antigone
The other way is, i've seen on other celebs pic, instead off pushing down to the side or removing, just wear it the "back to front". Meaning, the strap resting on your shoulder, the back of shoulder pad facing up. Hope you get it ;)

What I mean is I slide the patch down from the middle of the strap and let it sit closest to the back clasp on the strap. I thought of taking it off completely but it's quite difficult so I'm fine with it this way. And I always know where it is. I've taken off the mirrors from my bags and it's enough trying not to lose them :biggrin: