Proposal for Celebrity section

Echoes

O.G.
Aug 8, 2008
Any chance of burying the multitude of Kardasithreads and their familial offshoots into their own child board? There are what .. 8 or 10 of them? Many in their fourth, fifth or higher generation.

I generally avoid the Celebrity board due to the pain those threads cause my eyes, stomach and intestines. I only go there when I see a news item to add and then only long enough to get the search screen activated.

To me, they're every bit as offensive and disturbing as many find the topics in True Crimes which is a child board.

And 'child' seems like an appropriate moniker for that family to begin with.

Of course you could spin it as a 'promotion' of a 'quasi-royal family deemed worthy of their own board'. (Bank in a sec, gotta hurl :sick::throwup: ).

Your prompt action in removing the eye pollution would be appreciated.

Indeed, because I am not bestowing a separate board on that family. :lol:

Would it be possible to have an "ignore thread" option to hide any thread in any board? If it worked like the ignore user, then we wouldn't need to see the thread at all when we went to a board.

Some people might have emotional triggers to perfectly acceptable threads, and giving them the option to remove it from view would still allow others to discuss the topic. For example, I could hide the threads about creepy bugs, and Echos could ignore the threads about Kard's (maybe it's the same thing) and everyone else could enjoy those threads.

:thinking:

Would it be possible to have an "ignore thread" option to hide any thread in any board?

I'm on several boards across the web that use different platforms; VBulletin like this one, IPB, phpBB, SMF and a few others. I've never seen the ability to hide specific threads, but several have the ability to hide whole forums or their sub-forums.

You could hide or collapse the whole Celebrity News forum, but not any of those threads. If the Trashians were in a sub-forum, you could hide that, but still see the main Celebrity board.

Or maybe view the General Discussion board, but hide the chit-chat and games sub-board.

On those sites that have it enabled, hidden boards do not come up in searches either.

But, I don't see that option here.