1. Somebody please tell me how to pronounce batignolles!!! :unsure:

2. BAH(LIKE A SHEEP)
    tee
    nole(LIKE HOLE)

3. bah-tee-no

4. pinch poke!

5. Thank you much!!

6. ;)

7. hehe. i went into LV the other day to try on this bag and pronounced it like such a hick. bag-un-ti-nell (which is SO wrong BTW)...the SA just looked at me like HUH? smart girl to ask for a pronucation guide. :smile:

8. I agree with this pronunciation. Although, because of the G in the word, there's a slight N sound on the "tee", so it's like "tee(N)". You have to have a good French ear to hear it I guess. The end is also not just "no", it's "nole" like Jill said.

9. i was wondering the same thing. i was on elux earlier and my husband kept trying to pronounce the word.

10. Yeah I never knew lol. I just pointed to it on the shelf and asked to see "that one." None of the SAs knew either hehe. But now that I see it, "Bah tee nole" sounds right.

11. Yup, Bah-teen-yole. The transition between the N and Y is kind of an in the back of the throat glottal sound. I had no idea either, I made my SIL's French boyfriend read me all the items on Eluxury so I don't sound like a rube when I go into an LV store.

12. Crap, my bf's sister's bf is Romanian. :nuts:

13. lol.. i at one point pronounced it "bah-tig-nol-lays" and my friend was like.. you know that guy?? apparently, if you pronounce it like that, it's a name of his friend.. LOL.

14. I was wondering the same thing and had been trying for weeks to figure out how to say it so I could ask for one!

15. I've been pronouncing it this way too when I talk about it with BF. :shame:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice