Prom dress help?

Sadie508

Jun 15, 2008
A lot of proms are going more toward short and cute dresses that you can wear again, but I live in Texas and everyone at my school wheres long dresses! I am looking for a sweetheart style dress. I love bows and lace. The them for my prom is 'Old Hollywood'. So something kinda vintage would be cute. Does anyone have any ideas or a good place to start looking?;)

14947jk.jpg

I really like this dress, but I have no idea where to find it.

I really like the dress you posted.. it would be perfect for your theme. What I did for my prom was not so much focus on the size of the dress but on the material. I then got the dress in a size 12.. had it altered to a size 2.. and saved alot of time doing it that way, plus it fit much better since it was custom to my body.

For your theme, I would definitely stick with a silver / black look for the "antique/vintage" look. Look online at diferent designer sites to get ideas.. if you find one you like.. call them and they will locate it in a store for you. Also, where did you get the picture from? Can you email the person / website to get more details on the dress?

I found the picture of a friend of a friend on facebook. My budget is 200 dollars, maybe 300 since I don't have a date I am just going with friends. Can anyone think of a designer similar to the picture above?

you can get one custom made , pick a fabric and design and take it to a tailor or u can wear a long black dress and get your hair and makeup done old hollywood style

I don't know for definite as things change with the season. But definitely worth trying. I bought many dresses from bcbg (boutiques and outlets) and always happy with them.Check out bcbg website to see what type of dresses they have :smile:

after a bit of digging around online, i suggest you look for retailers that stock aidan mattox - he seems to do a lot of stuff similar to the dress you posted