Prom dress help?

Sadie508

Jun 15, 2008
A lot of proms are going more toward short and cute dresses that you can wear again, but I live in Texas and everyone at my school wheres long dresses! I am looking for a sweetheart style dress. I love bows and lace. The them for my prom is 'Old Hollywood'. So something kinda vintage would be cute. Does anyone have any ideas or a good place to start looking?;)

Miss Kris

Jan 23, 2009
Maryland
I really like the dress you posted.. it would be perfect for your theme. What I did for my prom was not so much focus on the size of the dress but on the material. I then got the dress in a size 12.. had it altered to a size 2.. and saved alot of time doing it that way, plus it fit much better since it was custom to my body.

For your theme, I would definitely stick with a silver / black look for the "antique/vintage" look. Look online at diferent designer sites to get ideas.. if you find one you like.. call them and they will locate it in a store for you. Also, where did you get the picture from? Can you email the person / website to get more details on the dress?

Sadie508

Jun 15, 2008
I found the picture of a friend of a friend on facebook. My budget is 200 dollars, maybe 300 since I don't have a date I am just going with friends. Can anyone think of a designer similar to the picture above?

reem88

May 25, 2007
you can get one custom made , pick a fabric and design and take it to a tailor or u can wear a long black dress and get your hair and makeup done old hollywood style

maria28

loving H...
O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
UK
There are plenty of choices within your budget at bcbg... Maybe try their sale or outlets if for even better value as well?

maria28

loving H...
O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
UK
I don't know for definite as things change with the season. But definitely worth trying. I bought many dresses from bcbg (boutiques and outlets) and always happy with them.Check out bcbg website to see what type of dresses they have :smile: