Project Runway Season 13 - July 24

bobobob

O.G.
Nov 1, 2008
Judges Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen, and mentor Tim Gunn are gearing up to take in a new crop of designers as season 13 of Lifetime’s Emmy-nominated fashion competition “Project Runway” premieres on July 24.

Fans have been casting their votes through the #RunwayRedemption Instagram campaign in the hopes of bringing back one of their former season favorites. The winner, either Ken Laurence (Season 12), Alexander Pope (Season 12) or Amanda Valentine (Season 11), will be revealed during the season 13 opener and compete against the 18 newcomers.

As the contestants progress through the challenges, Gunn will have one opportunity to “save” a designer from being eliminated.

But the competition will end quickly for some, as three designers will be sent home before the first challenge even begins. The remaining 16 contestants will be tasked with using only a trunk of fabric to create a look that reflects what their spring collection would look like if they were to present at New York Fashion Week.

At the end of the season, the winning designer will receive $100,000 from Red Robin to launch his/her business and the opportunity to design a fashion accessory for all the Red Robin servers, a sewing and crafting studio from Brother International Corporation, a Samsung entertainment center, a fashion spread in Marie Claire and a car from Lexus.

Guest judges joining the show this season include “Modern Family’s” Julie Bowen, Elisabeth Moss of “Mad Men,” “Pretty Little Liars” actress Shay Mitchell, Olympic gold skier Lindsey Vonn, burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese, fashion designer and season four winner Christian Siriano, British TV personality and photographer Amanda de Cadenet, and YouTube star Bethany Mota.

Season 13 of “Project Runway” premieres July 24.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/project-runway-season-13-premiere-1201242197/

I do not care for Posen.

Neither do I. I think he is too young and too smug. For a guy who started with his Daddy's money, and makes dresses that nobody buys or wears, you have to wonder what he is doing there. It really irks me when a 22 year old starts popping out dresses that are 5k. I never felt that he paid he dues and worked his way up.