Workplace "Professional dress" vs. "Coporate"

Jun 8, 2006
Interview at architectural firm for temp position. Advised by agency to dress professionally but not "corporate."

Called an hour ago.

Can I wear pants? (Nice dress slacks and jacket).?

Hey all,

Thanks for input. I didn't know and wore a black pantsuit and flats. To me, that is not a corporate outfit. Corporate to me would have been a suit and skirt.

Well today I really needed to wear slacks to be comfortable. If I didn't get it, well shame on me. I didn't have the opportunity to change the date of the appt. They had to have this interview.

. If anything, the woman seemed effusive! I don't think that has ever happened to me before. It's a weird interview because I wasn't told exactly what they were looking for! I said as much to the itnerviewer.
Again, I thank you for your input....Let's see what happens with this one.

Hey all,

Thanks for input. I didn't know and wore a black pantsuit and flats. To me, that is not a corporate outfit. Corporate to me would have been a suit and skirt.

Well today I really needed to wear slacks to be comfortable. If I didn't get it, well shame on me. I didn't have the opportunity to change the date of the appt. They had to have this interview.

. If anything, the woman seemed effusive! I don't think that has ever happened to me before. It's a weird interview because I wasn't told exactly what they were looking for! I said as much to the itnerviewer.
Again, I thank you for your input....Let's see what happens with this one.

Best of luck! I'm sure you looked awesome. I'm a flats gal too :smile: