Professional Bra Fitting

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
Has anyone gotten fitted for a bra? If so, where did you go? After seeing all the emphasis Stacy and ******* (from What Not to Wear) and Tim Gunn (on his new show) place on proper fitting undergarments I'm wondering if I'm wearing the right size and style.

Well, because of my...um...guns(lol), I went to Lane Bryant. It's very good to have one, because I really was wearing the wrong size. I went from a 38D to 40DDD. :shame:

I'm in the UK so I guess my opini0on doesn't really matter that much but I have been to lots of department stores and got some many diferent sizes.

there is a lady in my area who is fairly famous for being able to tell your bra size straight away just by looking at you, I went to see her it was they most uncomfortable experience of my life so far, I felt totally violated afterwards but she was spot on with sizes lol

Nordstroms helped me find a bra that fits , not an easy task
I too felt violated by the bra ladies but that is just becuase I am very shy about my body and I had to stand in front of a stranger without my shirt on which is my version of hell on earth :shame:, but the ladies where very nice and helped me find a good bra

Bare Necessities. They're the BEST :yahoo:

I've heard good things about Nordstrom, too. From what I understand, VS uses a different method for measuring that doesn't work as well. They also carry a limited range of sizes and will try to sell you bras that aren't your actual size if that's all they have...

If you are a private/bashful person, getting fitted can be a little embarrassing, but it is SO worth it in the end...

Don't come to VS to get fitted... this is coming directly from an SA (myself). We do a quick measure that is not very accurate for most clients. From there we'll give you a few sizes to determine your best fit. Go find out your size from Nordstrom, then come to us. :graucho: