Proenza schouler ps1 or chanel reissue

ssung

O.G.
May 9, 2008
Hi guys, ive been debating over the PS1 large black leather and a classic Chanel reissue black lamb w/silver hardware for my birthday. PS1 is closer to my style but Chanel is everlasting, what do you guys think?

I always find Chanels to be more of a formal or special occasion bag, whereas the PS1 can be used everyday (it also looks like an awesome school/work bag too)!

As much as I love Chanels, I would go for the PS1 myself. Since the latter is more your style, I would go for that one instead. But it really depends on which one you're gonna carry more often.

I have both and love both but I do get more use out of my PS1 (mine is the small so the same size as a 227 reissue). I believe that both bags are classic (the Chanel is a proven one and the PS1 may be in time as well) but I would buy the one you know you will use.
The PS1 is lighter than the flap in the same size, but since you are considering a large PS1 vs a reissue (largest being a little larger than the small PS1) I am guessing you have a different purpose intended for each.
The flap will work as an everyday bag if you don't carry much but if you do, the PS1 just makes more sense.

I'd get a PS1 (I have a Chanel Reissue and would love to have a PS1, not instead though as the Chanel is LE), simply because I imagine it to be low maintenance as opposed to a lambskin Chanel, so it would be more useful and you can always get the Reissue later

I'd get a PS1 (I have a Chanel Reissue and would love to have a PS1, not instead though as the Chanel is LE), simply because I imagine it to be low maintenance as opposed to a lambskin Chanel, so it would be more useful and you can always get the Reissue later

exactly ;)

I have both and love both but I do get more use out of my PS1 (mine is the small so the same size as a 227 reissue). I believe that both bags are classic (the Chanel is a proven one and the PS1 may be in time as well) but I would buy the one you know you will use.
The PS1 is lighter than the flap in the same size, but since you are considering a large PS1 vs a reissue (largest being a little larger than the small PS1) I am guessing you have a different purpose intended for each.
The flap will work as an everyday bag if you don't carry much but if you do, the PS1 just makes more sense.

thanks so much all of you girls!! and Hipnycmom: is the PS1 durable? im not very gentle with my bags and ive heard about the paint chipping off the hardware which i dont mind too much about but does the leather hold together well? although i havnt tried it yet i hope its not too heavy either. i think im set on a large PS1 :smile:

chanel obvsssss.

oh i just read your getting ps1.. well congrats, leaves more chanel for me :smile: hehe.
if you aren't caring with your bags then its a good choice on your part forsure :smile: