Proenza Schouler Care and Maintenance Thread

Theres 2 small cuts on my ps1 suede bag. Anyone can recommend some products to me so i can fix the cuts. Its pretty visible and im not sure what to do with it... [emoji31]

Oh no, are the cuts through the suede? I think it can be glued with a leather glue if it isn't in "high stress" area. There was another cut question on previous page here, and a tip PS Care and Maintenance Thread

Hope you finds a solution.

Oh no, are the cuts through the suede? I think it can be glued with a leather glue if it isn't in "high stress" area. There was another cut question on previous page here, and a tip PS Care and Maintenance Thread

Hope you finds a solution.
Hi Ellispurse,
Thank you for your help! What brand glue should i use? Ill try to take pictures and post and you could see if its a scuff or cut, looks like a cut to me. I might contact PS Customer care to see if they can recommend something to me or if I can send it in for a repair.

Hello! Has anyone seen this on their PS bag before? It's green, so I'm wondering if this is mold or just coming from the metal clasp? My friend purchased this purse from Tradesy and the seller didn't post this photo up and when my friend received this, she saw this! Please advise, just hoping it's not mold or else she would have to return it even though it is a beautiful burgundy color! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-30-22-17-39.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-30-22-17-39.png
    951.2 KB · Views: 436
Hello! Has anyone seen this on their PS bag before? It's green, so I'm wondering if this is mold or just coming from the metal clasp? My friend purchased this purse from Tradesy and the seller didn't post this photo up and when my friend received this, she saw this! Please advise, just hoping it's not mold or else she would have to return it even though it is a beautiful burgundy color! Thank you in advance!
Hi, the green is usually from the brass hw, it's not mold. I've seen this on older LV bags too. Perhaps try a (dry, not wet) toothbrush or similar and see if it works.

Reactions: elevenxten
Hi Ellie, Thank you for helping me out with this once again. My friend loves this bag so much and is trying to fix whatever it is to keep this, thank you again for helping me authenticate and how maintaining the bag!

Last edited:
Reactions: Elliespurse
I couldn't find an answer in the thread, so i am posting it here. Please link the post if this has already been asked, which it probably has. I have just bought a new proenza bag, and i am unsure if i should spray it with anything or condition it. It would be nice to know which products you use, or if you dont use any at all. Saw posts about this, but they were very old so i figured the leather might be changed. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I think it depends on the color, darker colors like black usually don't need much maintenance. For lighter colors it could be useful to have layer (spray etc) on the leather.

Hi! I have a Proenza PS1 medium in Smoke. It had never been conditioned or treated, and it was feeling a bit brittle, so I had it conditioned. Unfortunately, I found out that the conditioner used was mink oil and had some silicone in it. It's been 2 days since the bag was conditioned; I haven't noticed any color changes, no obvious waxy residue, but the bag does seem less brittle. I keep reading that using mink oil and silicone-based conditioners will eventually ruin leather bags. Will this one-time use of mink oil and silicone-based conditioner damage the bag, do you think?

Hi! I have a Proenza PS1 medium in Smoke. It had never been conditioned or treated, and it was feeling a bit brittle, so I had it conditioned. Unfortunately, I found out that the conditioner used was mink oil and had some silicone in it. It's been 2 days since the bag was conditioned; I haven't noticed any color changes, no obvious waxy residue, but the bag does seem less brittle. I keep reading that using mink oil and silicone-based conditioners will eventually ruin leather bags. Will this one-time use of mink oil and silicone-based conditioner damage the bag, do you think?
Hi, I think it's ok if the leather looks and feels ok. If you use another conditioner in the future it cleans a bit at the same time too.

Hi, I think it's ok if the leather looks and feels ok. If you use another conditioner in the future it cleans a bit at the same time too.
Thank you! Haha getting paranoid about my bag :biggrin: I knew going in that the Smoke was one of the more delicate colors, but I couldn't resist. I guess I also have to keep myself from being overzealous about conditioning the bag. Might go for Apple products, or the Blackrock Leather 'n Rich in the future, but I'll have to special-order these --- they don't carry them in my country :sad:

Thank you! Haha getting paranoid about my bag :biggrin: I knew going in that the Smoke was one of the more delicate colors, but I couldn't resist. I guess I also have to keep myself from being overzealous about conditioning the bag. Might go for Apple products, or the Blackrock Leather 'n Rich in the future, but I'll have to special-order these --- they don't carry them in my country :sad:
You could also check in a Mulberry store (if you have one locally), they have some leather products too.

Hello, is it safe to use Collonil Leather Cream on the PS1 leather? I have seen mention in this thread here and there of the Collonil spray, but not much on the cream. TIA! :smile:

Hello, is it safe to use Collonil Leather Cream on the PS1 leather? I have seen mention in this thread here and there of the Collonil spray, but not much on the cream. TIA! :smile:
Hi, the older PS1:s were all lamb and a spray could be better, cream could work too if it's thick (not thin like water). The calf leather PS1:s works with both ok.