Products and Salons in Japan

michmix

Dreamin' of Oz
Apr 7, 2007
Anyone here at PF live or travel in Japan regularly? My new job requires me to travel to Japan for extended periods, but as I haven't been over there yet I have no idea what products are available or which stores to try?

I could always stock up on duty free while at the airport...but I would also like to get stuck in and try some local products, or take some back home as gifts.

Any help/tips would be great. :yes:

Hi, thanks for replying. I was just asking about everyday products in general, such as shampoos, conditioners, bodywashes etc. I have used Shiseido skincare and cosmetics in the past (and I love their "Body Creator" lotion, which is just amazing! Everyone should try it!), and have also tried a couple of the Kanebo cosmetic ranges (I think the eyeshadow's in the Kate range are gorgeous.)

But aside from cosmetics, I know that stores like Lush and The Body Shop are worldwide and I use both of these stores regularly, but could you recommend any other shops along these lines? Or even any type of deparment store that I should look out for that sell a range of products, both local and worldwide brands? Also, is there a quality pharmacy-type store that you would recommend?

Sorry to ask so many generalised questions!! Also, if anyone else has any opinions I would be greatful to hear them...