Product Complaints - Bad Batch?

ElleT

Dec 9, 2008
Hey guys.

I just have a quick question. i just bought the Plus 5 minutes teeth whitening box, and the stuff inside was liquidy like water. when it's supposed to be gel. So i called the company and they were friendly and told me they r going to send me a new box. :biggrin:

what kind of products have you bought that was damaged, not as advertised, bad batch etc? i would love to hear stories.

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I don't recall getting a bad beauty product, but I did get a defective pregnancy test once. I called the company and they sent me a new one.

I don't recall getting a bad beauty product, but I did get a defective pregnancy test once. I called the company and they sent me a new one.
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb for this one because I started laughing after I read it...

Did you KNOW it was wrong because you were pregnant? Or did it say you were both not pregnant and pregnant at the same time?

So much for the 100% accurate tests out there!

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb for this one because I started laughing after I read it...

Did you KNOW it was wrong because you were pregnant? Or did it say you were both not pregnant and pregnant at the same time?

It was one of those tests that was supposed to show 1 line for not pregnant and 2 lines for pregnant. I got 1 1/4 lines. Since I couldn't figure out if that meant I was pregnant or not, I called the company. They sent me a new one, and it came out negative (which I was hoping for, because I was in no position to become a mother at the time).

ElleT

Dec 9, 2008

hahahahahah thats so funny! u got a quarter of a line. i thought maybe there were no lines or something at first.

Brooke11

polisher
Apr 13, 2008
east coast
caracita.blogspot.com
Once a face mask I ordered broke in transit, so they sent me a replacement. I don't think I've ever had something not work though. I did get a 'defective' box of chocolates - they were old and yuck. The company sent me a new box though - they were really nice about it. And I used to have a defective electric toothbrush. It would just turn on whenever it wanted and turn off whenever it wanted. I remember years ago arriving at my fiance's parents' house, standing in their foyer holding my bags, and my toothbrush turns on inside my bag... it was quite embarrassing. That was when I got a new toothbrush!

I lol'ed too at the preg. test. That's one thing you REALLY don't want to be defective!!

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
And I used to have a defective electric toothbrush. It would just turn on whenever it wanted and turn off whenever it wanted. I remember years ago arriving at my fiance's parents' house, standing in their foyer holding my bags, and my toothbrush turns on inside my bag... it was quite embarrassing. That was when I got a new toothbrush!

I lol'ed too at the preg. test. That's one thing you REALLY don't want to be defective!!
I had a electronic air ionizer that did that. I guess the power switch shorted out and the ionizer would suddenly turn on without being touched. I was able to get a replacement for that item as well by calling the company that sold it to me (QVC).