product availability.. is this normal?

LemonDrop

a Fendi bag and a bad attitude
O.G.
Jul 5, 2007
There is a new Ophidia case on the GUCCI website available to pre order. It says available approx 2/15. It is hibiscus red.

It's the only color available to order in the size that I want. I just don't want that color. It's also available to pre order elsewhere but also only in hibiscus red.

However the same case is available in beige to pre order on Nordstrom. It says available MAY 14th. I ordered it. But, this is the only place that I can find this item in this color. It isn't even on the Gucci site and it is no where else to be found online.

is this normal? I would much rather order it from GUCCI direct. I am concerned it is some weird fluke or something. An item available for pre order 3.5 months in advance at Nordstrom and no where else in the world.

just curious if anyone else has had experience with this.

Happens all the time. I’ve seen items on saks and even purchased that were not on Gucci website. Or in some instances they show up later on Gucci website. As a recent example, saks and then neimans had some of the cruise flora bags for preorder and Gucci website didn’t have them up yet. Just recently I noticed Gucci put them on. I have not purchased Gucci from Nordstrom however.

Reactions: LemonDrop
Happens all the time. I’ve seen items on saks and even purchased that were not on Gucci website. Or in some instances they show up later on Gucci website. As a recent example, saks and then neimans had some of the cruise flora bags for preorder and Gucci website didn’t have them up yet. Just recently I noticed Gucci put them on. I have not purchased Gucci from Nordstrom however.
thanks. :hugs: Sounds like exactly what I am seeing right now.

Reactions: snibor