Problems

Flyboy2

Apr 21, 2012
First let me say I need to vent a little,

My story is going to be long so bare with me. Over a year ago I decided to clean out my closet and purge a lot of stuff, shoe's,clothing,bags ect. I ended up giving most of my Coach, Dooney and Sherif bags away (it amounted to several thousand dollars) I gave them to a lot of friends who are not as fortunate as I am. I also started a new collection of Chanel, MK, Gucci. Now the friends that have my older bags (btw some have never been used that I gave away) are starting to pester me with my MK's and my Gucci bags. My Chanel's will stay with me as I can easily sell those and get newer bags. I have three MK bags (2 are his Michael by Michael Kor) One is a red bowler and one is a Tangerine tote and my newest is a Gia Cinnamon that I got for Christmas. I have used the Red 5 times (it is sitting in it's duster) the Tangerine I have used a few more times (it too is sitting in it's duster) I rotate my Chanel and my Gucci is my every day bag. My Gia bag is more for when I travel or need to carry a lot of stuff. I plan on getting a newer Chanel GST this year, I love big bags.
So getting back to what I was saying I don't want to be rude to people but how much more I can take of being asked for my bags I don't know. One lady loved my Gucci so much she wants me to give it to her when I get tired of it. I have only had my Gucci for about a month now. I told her I did have MK that I might part with (the red) which is also my favorit color. I am at a loss what to do because all the bags in my collection now are all high end bags ( alright I didn't pay all that much for the MK's) they where around $400 each except for the Gia bag (I paid over $600 for that on clearance.) my Gucci was more and of course my Chanel's I paid the most for. I guess in the end I will give it more thought on whether or not I am ready to part with any of my bags. but what would you do?

BTW I have no plans on getting rid or the Chanel's, Gucci's or my Gia Bag !!!!

Anyway thank you for letting me vent.

I used to give away purses out of guilt. People would admire my bags and/or talk about how they never bought nice bags like mine. I would also feel guilty about how much I spent on bags. I came to the realization bags are my things and I do not owe anyone a bag and/or explanation. It is one thing to give bags away because you feel "led to" but it is another thing to give away bags out of guilt.

I just told my boyfriend the other night, "If you want to give me something that I would never ever throw away even after a terrible break up, just give me a bag." All I got from him was huge laugh, though. Hahaha.

So no, don't give away your bags if you don't feel like it. :P I wouldn't. Especially if they are products of money I've worked so hard to save (and they usually are).

I would keep them all until your good and ready to part with them! I have only given my mom a few, vera bradley, coach, but that's it! My one MK bag I was ready to part with, my friend wanted. I told her it was already up for sale on ebay....she said "then I'll buy it from you" She gave me the money, i took it off of ebay, (wasn't up long enough for any bids) and she is carrying it still. This happened in the summer. Hold on to your bags, because if you aren't willing to part with any, and you give some away, the regret will be painful, especially if you see them carrying them!

Let your friends know that your bags are yours until you're ready to let then go. I would be annoyed too if I was being pestered for my bags.

Just say nicely, "my purse is not up for adoption at this time. ". Don't let anyone guilt you into giving your bags away. Let them know if and when you're ready to let your bags go, you'll let them know. Until then, they belong to only you.

Don't feel bad for not wanting to give your bags away. You worked hard to be able to buy them, and you shouldn't feel guilty for that. I would just kindly tell your friends that you are still really enjoying your bags and don't feel like you could give on up now.

well thank you all for letting me vent, I started to laugh and smile when I read the comments and your all right I have worked hard building up my collection and yes even though I can only use one bag at a time, I still love them and plan on using them. :smile:

let your friends know that your bags are yours until you're ready to let then go. I would be annoyed too if i was being pestered for my bags.

Just say nicely, "my purse is not up for adoption at this time. ". Don't let anyone guilt you into giving your bags away. Let them know if and when you're ready to let your bags go, you'll let them know. Until then, they belong to only you.

^^ this!

I used to give away purses out of guilt. People would admire my bags and/or talk about how they never bought nice bags like mine. I would also feel guilty about how much I spent on bags. I came to the realization bags are my things and I do not owe anyone a bag and/or explanation. It is one thing to give bags away because you feel "led to" but it is another thing to give away bags out of guilt.

Ooooh, "handbag guilt." I have that in recurring bouts. :biggrin:

Don't feel guilty. Enjoy your bags and when you do get sick of them, sell them. I had this same thing happen a few years ago. I gave a friend a cheaper bag then she started to ask for others. I told her I sell my older bags to afford the newer ones. One time she bought one off me and after she got it dirty and put a scratch on it she was hoping to get her money back. Needless to say I said no and never let her buy another bag. The sad thing is I could have sold it for at least two times the price I charged her, but I was trying to be nice.