Problems with Poppy Bags?

LovinMyMulberry

NotLovinMulberry....
O.G.
Feb 15, 2009
Hello ... relative newbie here, so please forgive me if this has been posted about before. Much as I would love to go through all the old threads ... I would never get any work done, which would be quite tragic really!

Anyway, I am the proud owner of three of the Poppy collection bags. I have a Poppy Hobo in chocolate, Large Poppy in Black & Poppy satchel in .. erm .. the light tan colour (I forget the name, shame on me!)

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the inking on the edges of their handles & around the bag itself?

My black Poppy has been back to Mulberry twice for repair, as the inking has been coming off in little "strings". They said last time that it would be fine as they had changed the inking they use, but now it is happening again & much as I want to take it back, I am a little concerned that they will say it cant be rectified :wtf: No way can I give her back though .. she is my baby .. well one of ....!!

Im just not sure what to do really ... I love her, but having paid £795 for her, Id really rather she didnt fall apart every time I pick her up :crybaby:

My Poppy satchel had the same problem - it got sent away to be fixed, but I had a call to say "Come in to the store & pick a new bag, as we cant fix it". I literally was almost in tears when I went into the store (am I mad, or does anyone else get like this!!??!!) & managed to convince them that I would keep the bag as long as I was given some kind of compensation for the problem .. which is when antique chocolate Poppy Hobo came into my life ... :yahoo:

Oh *gulp* .. I dont know what to do .... I am sitting here looking at my darling black Poppy on my desk & .... I dont know ..... :crybaby:

Has anyone else had this issue? What did you do?

I'm sorry, I don't have a Poppy of any description so I can't tell you if this is a general fault on the bags but I haven't seen any threads from anybody else on the same subject so I can only guess that its not a common problem.

I'm really sorry that this has happened. To happen at all is disappointing but to have happened a few times - that not good.

I'm feeling a bit dopey today (well I usually do but more so today) and but can remember seeing a used poppy somewhere recently (on line not IRL). The handles looked a bit stringy in one of the photos. Don't know if that is the same problem as yours but it does make me wonder if it is problem with poppy. Hope not though because I have my heart set on one for summer.

Oh sorry, forgot to say how sorry I am that you are having this problem. Can totally understand you feeling so grim. Hope you get it sorted!:wondering

Thank you for all your replies ladies.

The staff in the Glasgow store are ever so helpful (anyone else slightly embarrassed that the staff know your name :P ) so I may just pop back in & see what they say. I was trying not to go in, as I just KNOW I will fall in love with something & cry & stamp my feet until I get it ... not quite but you know what I mean.

The black Poppy has been "repaired" twice - Im just worried that if they send it away, they may not be able to do anything with it. I cant bear to part with it, as it is the fave out of all my Mulberry bags ... which I guess is why I am in two minds about what to do. Maybe they will come up with some sort of suggestion.

Otherwise the bag has been beyond perfect - being of a slightly chunkier body :confused1: ..the size & strap length are perfect for me. I love love love my Poppy!! :heart:

Thank you anyway ladies ... & for anyone wishing to get a Poppy, despite my wee issues, I HIGHLY recommend it!! :woohoo:

Hope they are able to resolve your problems! Have never heard of this happening with a Poppy before, can understand getting upset if you love your bags and are attached to them. The staff at Mulberry Glasgow know my name too....and at the Frasers concession they also know my kids' names :shame:

I have the chocolate poppy and use it a fair bit and have not experienced any problem so sorry to hear about your troubles. Really hope you get it sorted, I agree, its a fabulous bag :smile:

Thank you for all your replies ladies.
The black Poppy has been "repaired" twice - Im just worried that if they send it away, they may not be able to do anything with it. I cant bear to part with it, as it is the fave out of all my Mulberry bags ... which I guess is why I am in two minds about what to do. Maybe they will come up with some sort of suggestion.

As you can't bear to part with Poppy - is it just the inking of the handle that has come off? Can you live with it?

The inking on one of the handles of my Oak Hanover has come off and as there is no damage to the leather I have left it. I might get it repaired at some point but I've left it at the moment.

If you are worried that they will send Poppy away and not be able to do anything so will give you some vouchers in return (and you don't want that) then I would see if you can live with the problem. As its been repaired twice already they might suggest that they can't permanently repair it iykwim.

I think I have decided that I can live with my dodgy handles .. Im just too much in :heart: with Poppy to do anything else about it.

However .. I will mention it next time Im in store. I shouldnt say this, but had the same issue with my satchel & they gave me a substantial voucher to "live with the issue" ... that helped ... :roflmfao:

Thank you ladies. :woohoo: