Problems with patent?

Ok I've been reading about how wonderful RM's patent bags are and am considering one for my next purchase. However, I live in the hot and humid tropics - will the patent finish hold up well?

I've heard that you have to be careful not to let patent leathers come into contact with other patent or plastic surfaces etc, or they may stick together or leave an imprint! Is that true? Anyone had any 'bad' experiences with their patent bags?

Also, a side, but completely related point, be careful if you are purchasing a "patent" bag from the Spring 09 line (they come in neon and black). While these bags were advertised as patent, they are actually PVC.

And PVC, I don't think, would hold particularly well in hot climates, since it's plaaaaaaastic.

I've had no problems with my patent bags but then again I don't live in the humid tropics so I'm not sure if there will be any problems, although I suspect not. Yes, I've also heard to keep patent away from other patent.

Catherine - the Charcoal Patent is awesome! Especially when you're caught in a drizzle. I wouldn't recommend getting it in a Nikki style since it gets tucked under the arm and if you're holding it for long, it would probably feel like you're carrying a plastic bag.

I'm looking forward to more patent bags from RM!

Thanks Milodino. So I assume so far, so good with your patent bag right? I just don't want to have to baby the bag. I was looking at a mini Nikki; is yours a MAB? And you don't carry it on your shoulder?