Problems with my yellow Kristin Tote.

Cypriann

O.G.
Oct 8, 2009
I searched the forum and could not find anyone else who seems to be having this problem. I purchased the Kristin yellow E/W Tote with my PCE on March 2nd. I have only carried her a couple times.

I had her out last night and I noticed in the sunshine that she has a couple of spots where the yellow is wearing off and you can see brown underneath. I thought maybe they were some dirt smudges but that is not the case. I have tried over and over to capture this on a photo but it does not come through. I have a spot on the handle, the back of the bag and on the top near the snap. There is also a very tiny small crack in the leather by the snap closure too.

Is anyone else having this issue? I checked the website and they no longer have any leather ones up. I love this bag and would hate to lose it, but I do not want to have more issues down the road with the color coming off. I am thinking of exchanging her for a black one. Hopefully my store will not give me any problems with this.

Last edited:
It's funny you mentioned this because I was going to use mine for the first time the other day and noticed that something didn't seem quite right about the color in certain spots when the light hit it a certain way. I put her back in the dust bag until I decided what to do. The leather also had a rough wrinkled look in some areas. I know that leather is natural but it contrasts so much to certain other areas of the bag that I thought it might bug me. Coach does stand behind their products so you could wait and see; if the color wears off then they might send you a 40% off letter to replace it with another bag. However, if it's bugging you now then I would take it in and exchange it for the black, as you mentioned. The Tote is really lovely in black.

ACK! That's not good news. I have a Kristen satchel in yellow that I'm already afraid to use (and haven't)...are you getting big swatches of brown underneath or 'dotting'...I wish the camera would show it. I have gotten to hating babying bags. Hmmm. Maybe black is always the safest bet.

ACK! That's not good news. I have a Kristen satchel in yellow that I'm already afraid to use (and haven't)...are you getting big swatches of brown underneath or 'dotting'...I wish the camera would show it. I have gotten to hating babying bags. Hmmm. Maybe black is always the safest bet.

No they are not big swatches. They are more of dotting but in a cluster if you can understand what I mean. It is like the color has worn off or been rubbed off in that spot. They are small, but now that I have seen them I notice them even more.

I called my store and they want me to bring it in and they will order me a new one. I just am not sure if I want the hassle of another yellow. I love the tote and the smell of the leather, but I don't want to stress each time I carry it.

No they are not big swatches. They are more of dotting but in a cluster if you can understand what I mean. It is like the color has worn off or been rubbed off in that spot. They are small, but now that I have seen them I notice them even more.

I called my store and they want me to bring it in and they will order me a new one. I just am not sure if I want the hassle of another yellow. I love the tote and the smell of the leather, but I don't want to stress each time I carry it.

Yes, I can picture that. I've had Tanos and one RM do the same thing--the top color coat rubs off and then you have the basic leather underneath. Irritating.

I'm not seeing anything like that on my satchel, but I haven't taken it out yet, either...did a microscopic inspection of the leather to see if it looked like it would wear--not seeing anything....hmmm...wonder if anyone else with yellow Kristens are having this issue.

I am constantly looking at my yellow Kristen tote just waiting for something to happen. I did find one little spot but its soo tiny and its on the back side of it, so I can deal with it. But, I dont know I keep getting this weird feeling that the quality is not as good as some of my others and I am just waiting for the leather to start cracking or fading.

i have the black kristin tote and have used it every single day since feb 28th and it's in perfect shape. i'd exchange the yellow for that. i'm not easy on my bags either. i did use the apple leather conditioner on it a couple weeks after i got it.

I also have the tote in Black.I bought mine on 4/17 and she is in Great shape,
I love this bag more than Any other. The leather is awesome and so worth every dime.I myself baby this bag and do NOT sit her just any where! I hope you get the black tote good luck