Problems with Mini Antigona Piping?

ALNYC

Aug 23, 2017
Hi! I purchased a Mini Antigona in the black sugar leather back in September. I absolutely love it and I made it my everyday bag, but I treat it quite carefully (I never put it on the ground, it hasn't been in the rain/sun, etc.) Most of the time it sits on my desk at work. I was also away on vacation for a month and opted not to bring it, so I've probably worn it for six weeks or so.

Last week I noticed that the piping on the front left corner (if you're facing the bag) was starting to pull away. Within a day, the front right corner started to pull away too. Now each side has pulled away about a half inch. I've stopped wearing it, but I'm not really sure what to do. It's quite an expensive bag to have so much wear and tear after a couple of months. Has anyone else had this problem?

Oh no! I've had my mini Ant for 3+ years and have never had this issue. It was my every day bag for a (long) while and still use it every now and then. I would contact where you purchased from and let them know asap!

Hi ALNYC
I had a similar problem with my mini Antigona. I had it for less than a month and the sealant on the edges (marked on the picture) started to peel away. I took it back to the store and they offered to exchange the bag but unfortunately had no stock so I ended up getting a refund.
IMG_1513724014.802612.jpg

Hi ALNYC
I had a similar problem with my mini Antigona. I had it for less than a month and the sealant on the edges (marked on the picture) started to peel away. I took it back to the store and they offered to exchange the bag but unfortunately had no stock so I ended up getting a refund.
View attachment 3911517
Thanks. This is exactly what happened to mine! Same spots. I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I got it at Nordstrom Rack so they can’t really exchange it. I love the bag and I wouldn’t mind investing a little to fix it since I got a great deal, but I was a little worried it might be a super fake because of the way it wore. I have compared it side by side with other Antigonas and I think it’s authentic but I might try to take in to Givenchy to make sure before I invest more in it.

Attachments

• 0345F325-3EF9-489C-AA4A-511DCCCA2EB3.jpeg
    0345F325-3EF9-489C-AA4A-511DCCCA2EB3.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 594
  • 594537DB-5933-4FA6-AE1E-6A9DBA1BB85F.jpeg
    594537DB-5933-4FA6-AE1E-6A9DBA1BB85F.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 595
That is exactly what happened to mine. Mine was definitely not fake as I bought it from Selfridges in the UK. Can you go straight to Givenchy? I was told that the bag is under warranty for 2 years from date of purchase.

Thanks. This is exactly what happened to mine! Same spots. I’m not sure what I’m going to do. I got it at Nordstrom Rack so they can’t really exchange it. I love the bag and I wouldn’t mind investing a little to fix it since I got a great deal, but I was a little worried it might be a super fake because of the way it wore. I have compared it side by side with other Antigonas and I think it’s authentic but I might try to take in to Givenchy to make sure before I invest more in it.
Wow, that's really disturbing.....I wonder if you both bought from the same season and there was a bad batch?

I have the same one, and thankfully haven't had any QC issues.

I'd be interested to see what Givenchy says as they often direct you to the point of purchase for warranty issues. Otherwise, it does look easily fixable by a cobbler if you have to repair it on your own.

Hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

Wow, that's really disturbing.....I wonder if you both bought from the same season and there was a bad batch?

I have the same one, and thankfully haven't had any QC issues.

I'd be interested to see what Givenchy says as they often direct you to the point of purchase for warranty issues. Otherwise, it does look easily fixable by a cobbler if you have to repair it on your own.

Hope you find a satisfactory resolution.

That's what I was thinking to. Maybe this one was just defective. I will have to check the exact date code, but it's definitely from 2016. I was thrilled to find one at Nordstrom Rack in the first place. It had clearly been transferred from Nordstrom proper (had the tag) and was in perfect condition with the dust bag. I didn't have any issues with it until about a month in.

I've been waiting to take it to Givenchy until after the holidays so it's not too busy. I'm also going to write a letter to the NR manager and see if they may be able to refurbish it, but since they sometimes sell damaged merch, I'm guessing they'll say it's up to me. Worth a shot at least! I agree it looks like it should be pretty easy for a leather shop to fix, it's just annoying that something that's supposed to be top quality would breakdown so easily.

My wife has the IDENTICAL problems with ours. She just bought one, although she bought it from a seller on ebay. Obviously, my initial reaction was that it was fake and I need to make a PayPal buyer protection dispute......But, this post seems to suggest it is in fact real.......Just to be clear, we had the bag authenticated from third party sources. Also, when she purchased I made the seller provide a PayPal invoice, The invoice: (1) included a product description as described on Givenchy.com; (2) included a product description as described on NeimanMarcus.com; (3) stated that the bag was "Authentic Givenchy Mini Antigona Bag"; and (4) stated "Authenticity guaranteed or full refund. 100% real and authentic Givenchy Mini Antigona sugar leather satchel". ...... Do you think we have any recourse through Givenchy or another retailer?

Reactions: Glorial988
Just wanted to update everyone in case this happens to another poster. I bought some new bags and got lazy about having it fixed, but finally sent it to Rago Brothers in NJ for repair. It cost around $100 and came out absolutely perfect. You would never know there was a problem. So worth it to be able to use it again.

Just wanted to update everyone in case this happens to another poster. I bought some new bags and got lazy about having it fixed, but finally sent it to Rago Brothers in NJ for repair. It cost around $100 and came out absolutely perfect. You would never know there was a problem. So worth it to be able to use it again.

Happy that it came out perfectly, and very worth the cost.

I've had the same problem with mine, only it's in lambskin. Had it for years now, but I don't wear it out enough for this to have happened. Disappointed in Givenchy. Mine is definitely real because I got it from Saks Fifth Avenue for about $2k (medium black antigona).

I had the same problem twice! I contacted the dept store, and they had to directly contact Givenchy back in March/April (I had purchased the bag in Nov) and they gave me the choice of either a refund or a replacement. I opted for the replacement. I just noticed the corner piping peeling again -___- Contacted the store, and am waiting to hear back from Givenchy... Shame because I love my mini antigona. :-s